Episode 42: Chris Grainger
Chris Grainger is on a mission.
It's no ordinary mission.
Chris is a fisher of men.
Chris is also a husband, a father, an employee and a 2x podcast host.
Chris has dealt with loss, the kind of loss most people can't relate to. Seriously, we just can't.
Chris and his wife turned it into a mission - how to help other parents deal with loss and the grief it brings.
Often this grief spirals into despair, poor choices and a dark path.
Chris created The Lion Within Podcast to help men face and conquer the demons that can distract them from being men of God, husbands and fathers.
In a short time this podcast has attracted a following and more important, followers.
He's extremely soft-spoken, but like EF Hutton, when he talks, you should listen (Google that :-)).
Key Takeaways for Leaders and Entrepreneurs:
- Side hustles can enrich your team
- Podcasts are an important part of your go-to-market strategy
- Pay attention to what your people are dealing with at home
Chris's Eating Crow Moments:
- Facing loss meant facing himself
- Grief is different for everyone
- We are not the only ones dealing with this, how can we help others?
You can find Chris here: https://thelionwithin.us/
61. Episode 61: Dr. Mansi Shah34:00Dr. Mansi Shah is brilliant.Seriously, she's a Dr. of Pharmacy.She understands how drugs interact with the human body.She also knows that most drugs treat symptoms, not the root cause or disease.Dr. Shah is the Co-Founder and CEO of the Functional Wellness Network and the 6th Element......an integrative practice is where Dr. Mansi combines the knowledge of her life experiences, additional training in functional medicine and professional education as a clinical pharmacist in order to achieve a state of harmony between the three major aspects of root cause analysis along mind, body and soulHer approach to wellbeing makes so much sense, just common sense.I am honored to have met her and hope listeners recognize that wellbeing is something we can all achieve.
60. Episode 60: Paul Carpenter53:10Paul Carpenter is one of those rare people you meet that makes an impact on your life immediately.He's real, he's direct, and he's usually spot on.Paul is like most of us - we've seen the ups and downs in life.However, Paul's ability to take his learnings and lessons and morph them into content that helps others is rare.Why is it rare? Because Paul's goal is to serve first.I've experienced this service. I've also benefited.Paul's coaching business has flourished because he's lived his lessons and his purpose is to serve others.And it's valuable, so people are happy to pay, and benefit.Listen, learn, ask Paul for help, he'll listen...
59. Episode 59: Denise Conroy36:46Denise Conroy has seen it all.The things that shaped who she is are at times difficutl to hear.Despite these hardships, she's been incredibly successful and she is using her success to build a platform.She's vocal. She's opinonated. She's on a mission. She's not going to stop.
58. Episode 58: Mike Howarth46:20Mike Howarth has been there.When he tells you "I understand." He does.I'm a fitness guy. I've met a lot of fitness people.Very few come from a place of struggle and learn the walk before they talk it.Mike does and did.Mad respect.His journey is a bit different.From peak fitness, to injury, to becoming severly overweight, and all the mental and emotional issues that come along for the ride.But again, Mike walks the talk.He knew he had to change.His comeback was epic.To the point he realized he could help others do the same because he walked a mile (or two) in their shoes.Mike is extremely thoughtful but he will hold his clients accountable.And they love him for it.
57. Episode 57: Don Manning45:32Don Manning is a family man, a crazy cool family man...of God.Don and his wife Suzanne, have raised 7 wonderful, godly children.It's no accident, but there isn't a playbook they followed.They wrote one along the way.Rethink the Way You Do FamilyYou can find their playbook on Amazon at the link above.BTW, the book is just one aspect of what is now their full-time mission.Raising godly children is hard. Intentions may be good, but pulling it off is exceptionally hard.Why? Because we tend to "force" our faith on our children. It's our job right?While it may be our job, it can't be a goal, it's mission, a way of life.And it needs to be done by example, love, forgiveness and faith.You don't "tell" your children to be godly. You show them.If do the work as parents, you earn the privilege to be their friends when they are older.I hope everyone reads this book an checks out their website www.crazycoolfamily.comThe world would be a better place for it.
56. Episode 56: Ben Binder21:27Ben Binder is on a mission.He's driven to help others live a health lifestyle, without the hype.He's so passionate about it, he built a company to do just that.I can relate.It's tough, but he's not slowing down.Ben's an inspiration and knows his stuff.His story inspires and his mission resonates, or at least it should.
55. Episode 55: Hampton Dortch43:01Hampton Dortch is leading the way......for leaders.I've met leadership experts. Most have years of experience to support their lessons.Others pontificate with little credibility.Hampton is different. He's not preaching, he's asking questions. A lot of questions.He's one of the most curious talents I've met.Curious about leadership.Curious about people.Curious about......Everything.And that's my favorite kind of leader.He's also putting his words where his mouth is, with his Wake Up and Lead Podcast.Weekly episodes with leaders - curating content for other leaders.Beautiful.This young man has big potential.Follow him, I do.
54. Episode 54: Michael McGreevy46:27Michael McGreevy is a renaissance man. He could build you a house, while most men can't change a light bulb.He can also help you find your calling, because he found his.Michael fell into coaching - helping others become the best version of themselves.His story is compelling.His message is important.He's also 100% what you see is what you get.Michael did the hard stuff, he ate some crow.He also took a chance and it paid off.Follow this man, he's one of the good guys.
53. Episode 53: Zineb Layachi37:21Zineb Layachi lights up a room, or at the very least, a Zoom screen.She's a brander, a doer, an innovator.Zineb's been doing marketing for a long time.She's now helping companies build their brands online and offline.Oh, and she was doing AI before AI was cool.This is who she is...and I love it.She will help you find out who you are.