Episode 37: Carlos Hidalgo
On Episode 37 of Eating Crow we meet Carlos Hidalgo.
Carlos, and his wife, Susanne, run Life Design, a boutique firm helping others who know there can be more, and want to make the necessary changes to begin living a life they love to live each and every day.
Sounds easy, right?
To realize there is a better way, you must recognize something is wrong.
Carlos opens up about his life, his marriage, his career and how all of them came crashing down.
Something was definitely wrong.
I've heard similar stories.
However, Carlos owned his shit more than anyone I've met.
Every word was raw, genuine and heartfelt.
Carlos has been to dark places.
He received several much-needed slaps in the face and got his act together.
It was hard. It took time.
Susanne is the real hero of this story. She's a masterclass in forgiveness, compassion and fortitude.
Life Design is built on a foundation of experience and tested methods to design a better life.
If you are missing something or don't feel you are in a better place, join them.
Lessons for Leaders and Entrepreneurs:
- Ownership. When something goes wrong, own it and fix it.
- It's a journey. Building a company or a better life is not an event, it's a life-long process.
- You need a team. Carlos had strong friends and associates who cared enough to get in his face. We all need people like that.
Carlos' Eating Crow Moments:
- Realizing he may have lost his marriage and family.
- Trying to contain the carnage, ignoring that he was the problem.
- Finding out he had to fix himself first, but with no guarantee he could rebuild his family.
- Looking in the mirror, after the hard work, and realizing he liked the person looking back at him.
You can find Carlos here: https://www.yourlifedesignjourney.com/