Dream Job Ready
Part 3 of 6 in Mastering the Sales Process & Learning how to Sell with Noah Cohen | EP36
Dream Job Ready Episode 36: Noah Cohen (Professional Sales Coach).
Part 3 of 6 in Mastering the Sales Process & Learning how to Sell with Noah Cohen.
Hello and thanks for joining me on Dream Job Ready. I'm your host, Dane Sharp, and I'm excited to bring you a special 6-part mini series with Noah Cohen (Professional Sales Coach), where we dive into and break down the sales process.
In this episode, we discuss why you need common ground, an agreement and an agenda at the start of every sale.
Noah frames up every sell with the question "what are you trying to achieve"? The answer to this question should then inform the steps you take to hep ensure the person or business you're dealing with understands your goals and hopefully supports them.
Great value throughout this episode and a few helpful training tips from Cohen Training Institute:
From Noah: Cover these four points to uncover any unforeseen issues or hurdles and address immediately:
- Agree on Purpose: "[name], the reason we are here today is X... Did I get that right?"
- Time: "[name], I know we said we will have an hour today, is that still ok?"
- Agenda (what both Parties want to cover): "In order to make this conversation as effective as possible, Is there anything you want to make sure I cover today? When I speak to CEOs like yourself they usually want to know who we are, if we've worked in your space and if we do move forward, how we go about doing the work. But everyone's different. Is there anything that's important to you? [acknowledge] "and here are a few things I want to cover x,y,z, is that ok with you?"
- Outcome (What do you like to achieve by the end of your time) "[Name], after we go back and forth typically I find that one of two things will happen: we could determine based on your situation and what we do; this is not a fit and I think either of us should feel comfortable saying that. on the other hand we could determine that it's certainly worth looking into the next step." [Seller to share how they provide service or onboard clients]
I hope you enjoy this episode and find the information helpful. And good luck using this scripts!
Knowing how to “sell” is a crucial skill, no matter what your job role, so I recorded a 6-part episode series with professional sales coach, Noah Cohen, where we break down the what, why, who, when and how of the selling process.
Each of the six episodes are 10-to-15 minutes in length, so Noah has done an amazing job of compressing and condensing the training down into bite size segments. He still shares plenty of actionable sales skills and tips on how to optimise your approach to pitching business opportunities, partnerships, selling yourself, your product and/or your service.
Here's the agenda for our six episodes:
- Introducing the Sales Process & Training (EP34)
- Rapport & Trust (EP35)
- Setting an Agenda (this one)
- Discovery Funnel & Needs Analysis (EP37)
- Uncovering a Prospect's Budget & Understanding their Decision Making Process (EP38)
- Closing the Sale / Getting a Decision / After the Sale (EP39)
Noah offers free online sales training on his website www.cohentraininginstitute.com.au
I worked with Noah at Groupon and he's had experience training and coaching sales consultants across retail, finance, insurance and HR. Regardless of your role, you're going to benefit from the advice he shares.
Got feedback? Please email me on email@example.com or connect via:
Twitter / @dreamjobready
Facebook / @dreamjobready
Instagram / @dreamjobready
And if you'd like to financially support this podcast series, please make a contribution via https://supporter.acast.com/dream-job-ready-1.
Or simply do us a solid and subscribe, rate and share Dream Job Ready with your friends!
If you'd benefit from additional sales training, you can connect with Noah via:
Cohen Training Institute www.cohentraininginstitute.com.au
Music: ‘Funky Sunday’ composed and performed by THE MAN: Mark Matthews
Copyright 2020 | Remarkable