Episode 269: Sounds Of Washington, D.C., Part 5 - harDCore
Known to most of the world as a political playground, Washington, D.C. is a city where decisions that shape the course of, not just American, but HUMAN history, are made every day. More than that though, D.C. is a city where cultures collide resulting in a creative class that produces some of the most compelling and diverse art in the world. Built on the legacy of jazz and go-go, D.C. is on the cusp of a creative explosion and bringing everything from hip-hop to indie rock into the fold.
In part five of our Sounds of Washington, DC series, Chris Richards (pop music critic for the Washington Post) is joining us to talk about the bone-crushing sounds of one of the cities most renowned exports: harDCore. From Bad Brains to Genocide Pact and everything in-between, it's about to get loud on the latest episode of ChunkyGlasses: The Podcast.
- Get to know the artists featured in this episode:
- Genocide Pact: Official Site | Bandcamp | Facebook | Twitter
- Virginia Creep: Bandcamp | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- The Slickee Boys: Wikipedia | Facebook
- Bratmobile: Bandcamp | Official Site | Wikipedia |
- Fugazi: Official Site | Wikipedia
- Support/find out more about Washington, DC's Uptown Art House [LINK]
- Incidental music courtesy of Aquatic Gardener. Hear more/buy it HERE.
- Support us on Patreon! [LINK]