Cutscenes & Cupcakes
God of War: Ragnarok
Lindsey, Steph and Mar explore the vast landscape of Vanaheim in this episode where we cover God of War: Ragnarok! We discuss dinner, how much we hate Heimdall, and our love for this masterpiece until we just about pass out from exhaustion (after climbing the wall in Asgard first, of course!)
View all episodes
26. Behind the Scenes: Diablo IV43:18There's lots of tea to sip and spill on this Behind the Scenes episode, without even fully dipping into the issues Blizzard has been having, from development issues to the actual mythos surrounding Lillith. We discuss all about the very unappreciated patch of the game, religion, and so on.One thing we know for sure though- you should join our discord:discord.ageofgeek.com
25. Diablo IV57:46Lindsey, Steph and Mar take a trip to Sanctuary (a place not as friendly as it sounds) and clobber the legions of undead, slaughter the evil, and maybe even take a swing or two at Diablo IV itself! Come join us in our discord and let us know what you think! Go to:discord.ageofgeek.com
24. Behind the Scenes: Metroid Prime42:28We're finally behind the scenes of Metroid Prime: Remastered, and we dive into the tea of the making of the original game as well as the differences between the original and remastered versions. The group examines the phenomenon of Stanley cups and Utah moms. Steph finds a naked wheres Waldo, Lindsey loves trash baebes, and Marlee is throwing a guitar hero party!
23. Guest Interview with Brian Alexander40:16Linds, Steph and Mar continue their discussion from last week with close friend of the podcast Brian Alexander, who you might remember from Season 2 of our show! We talk all things retro games and a little bit of gaming philosophy!
22. Side Mission: Street Fighter II and Retro Games (with Brian)52:56Linds, Steph and Mar are headed to the arcade in this episode of Cutscenes and Cupcakes, and who better to bring to the arcade than our good friend Brian Alexander! We have a good chat about retro games and what makes a game "retro". We also talk Street Fighter and share our experiences with the fighter genre as well as our time playing Street Fighter II.
21. Metroid Prime (Remastered)01:00:16We're back from our summer break and happy to enter into a retro game month with the Metroid Prime Remaster! The group gets woefully lost and struggles with some pathfinding, but it's still a good time because Marlee conquers her fears of lake monsters, Lindsey finds manticore bones on the beach, and Steph is clomping right along!
20. Side Mission: Hogwarts Houses28:01You can't talk about Hogwarts Legacy for nearly a month without talking about your Myers-Briggs personality and its correlation with our hat-designated Hogwarts houses. Can you guess which houses Linds, Mar, and Steph are in? In this episode, Marlee admits to being a control nerd, and Steph proposes a Harry Potter Pickle-free Puzzle People Party club. Also, Lindsey has a just a spark one of her "Lindsey's broken" laugh fits.
19. Wizarding World and Hogwarts Legacy with Ty58:17Hop aboard the Hogwarts Express on this episode and join up with Stephanie and Marlee as they discuss all things Wizarding World/Harry Potter and more with fellow podcaster Ty from Multiplane Podcast! Lindsey is too cool for school this episode and is driving a flying car a few miles back to school, but she'll be back next episode!
18. Behind the Scenes: Hogwarts Legacy34:56Prepare for a little bit of whiplash as we go from cackling side rants to a sincere chat about inclusiveness and actually pretty important things. Lindsey, Steph and Marlee get together to talk about Hogwarts Legacy, going over the good, the bad, and the ugly of the game. We discuss our neighbor Avalanche Software, the uselessness of the game's quidditch coach (as well as our respective quidditch positions), antisemitism, and a disingenuous use of a powerful platform, letting people be the tour guide to their world, and pickles. Oh, and please always keep reading with the kids in your life!