Cutscenes & Cupcakes
Spoopy Series 2023: Dead Space Remake
Lindsey, Steph, and Marlee find themselves aboard the USG Ishimura, and boy are we glad we brought our stomping boots and plasma cutters! It's the Dead Space Remake episode! Don't judge us too harshly on this episode- we lost a lot of sleep after battling necromorphs and the influence of The Marker the past few nights.
Join our Discord channel:
View all episodes
28. Spoopy Series 2023: The Devil in Me36:51Lindsey, Stephanie and Marlee find themselves separated in a murder hotel built after the likes of H.H. Holmes with only a piece of filming equipment and maze solving know how (or not so much in Lindsey's case) to survive the night! In this episode, we discuss the latest installment in The Dark Pictures Anthology, and rate it compared to the others in the series.
27. Side Mission: FanX 2023 Recap34:06Ring a ding a ling a ding! We're back and have survived the wave of panels at SLC FanX 2023! We discuss our panels and overall FanX experiences, meeting new friends (which I like to include Charlie Cox in... because he's more than just a celeb.) Steph has all the hot celebrity goss, Marlee presents her thesis, and Lindsey remembers the time we accidentally sawed Rami Malek in half (in Until Dawn guys, calm down).
26. Behind the Scenes: Diablo IV43:18There's lots of tea to sip and spill on this Behind the Scenes episode, without even fully dipping into the issues Blizzard has been having, from development issues to the actual mythos surrounding Lillith. We discuss all about the very unappreciated patch of the game, religion, and so on.One thing we know for sure though- you should join our discord:discord.ageofgeek.com
25. Diablo IV57:46Lindsey, Steph and Mar take a trip to Sanctuary (a place not as friendly as it sounds) and clobber the legions of undead, slaughter the evil, and maybe even take a swing or two at Diablo IV itself! Come join us in our discord and let us know what you think! Go to:discord.ageofgeek.com
24. Behind the Scenes: Metroid Prime42:28We're finally behind the scenes of Metroid Prime: Remastered, and we dive into the tea of the making of the original game as well as the differences between the original and remastered versions. The group examines the phenomenon of Stanley cups and Utah moms. Steph finds a naked wheres Waldo, Lindsey loves trash baebes, and Marlee is throwing a guitar hero party!
23. Guest Interview with Brian Alexander40:16Linds, Steph and Mar continue their discussion from last week with close friend of the podcast Brian Alexander, who you might remember from Season 2 of our show! We talk all things retro games and a little bit of gaming philosophy!
22. Side Mission: Street Fighter II and Retro Games (with Brian)52:56Linds, Steph and Mar are headed to the arcade in this episode of Cutscenes and Cupcakes, and who better to bring to the arcade than our good friend Brian Alexander! We have a good chat about retro games and what makes a game "retro". We also talk Street Fighter and share our experiences with the fighter genre as well as our time playing Street Fighter II.
21. Metroid Prime (Remastered)01:00:16We're back from our summer break and happy to enter into a retro game month with the Metroid Prime Remaster! The group gets woefully lost and struggles with some pathfinding, but it's still a good time because Marlee conquers her fears of lake monsters, Lindsey finds manticore bones on the beach, and Steph is clomping right along!