S6 Ep 16 - Jessie Mary Vasey
In this final Ep of Season 6, Phoebe tells Annie all about Jessie Vasey, founder of the War Widows' Guild of Australia, who, almost single-handedly founded a self-help organisation that assisted women widowed through war.
Thanks for listening to another Season of Chickstory - we'll be back in 2024 and can't wait to bring you more incredible stories about Chicks In History!
View all episodes
15. S6 Ep 15 - Mae West32:44This week Annie tells Phoebe all about Mae West. You've probably heard of this Hollywood legend, but we guarantee there's probably a lot you haven't heard, like that one time she saved Paramount Pictures from bankruptcy.
14. S6 Ep 14- Annie Kopchovsky26:46This week, Phoebe tells Annie all about Annie Kopchovsky, a pioneer of women's cycling who cycled the world in the 1890s just days after learning to ride a bike.
13. S6 Ep 13- The History of Hysteria36:32We are mixing it up this week with the History of Hysteria. This week, Annie tells Phoebe all about Hysteria, its origins, its treatments and mans fascination with this terribly gendered condition.
12. S6 Ep 12 - (Chickstory Repeated) Noor Inayat Khan41:54We're still on a wee break (New Eps return next week!) so here's another one of our favs..In this Ep, Phoebe tells Annie all about Noor Inayat Khan, the first female radio operator to be dropped into Nazi-occupied France
11. S6 Ep 11 - (Chickstory Repeated) Elizabeth Macarthur36:13We're taking a short break while Phebe is away sunning herself in Thailand! Enjoy one of Annie's favourites from the archives...We bet most of you have heard of John Macarthur - Australia's so-called father of the wool industry but have you heard of his wife - Elizabeth Macarthur? This week Annie gets mad and tells Phoebe all about the incredible woman behind the man behind the wool industry.
10. S6 Ep 10 - Sonia Revid & Louisa Mary Lightfoot29:38This week, Phoebe tells Annie all about two remarkable women, Sonia Revid and Louisa Mary Lightfoot, who both contributed significantly to the dance culture in Australia.
9. S6 Ep 9 - Rachel Carson41:27In this weeks Ep, Annie tells Phoebe all about Rachel Carson, a marine biologist, writer, and conservationist whose influential book Silent Spring and other writings are credited with advancing the global environmental movement.
8. S6 Ep 8 - Amy Bock30:48This week, Phoebe tells Annie all about Amy Bock, New Zealand's most celebrated and energetic confidence trickster.