Chewing the FAT
In the first ever episode of Chewing the FAT, Phil and Adam introduce themselves, run through some of the recent Digital Forensics industry news, and share their thoughts on some recently published digital evidence guidance.
For the first Forensic Faux Pas segment to air, Phil and Adam share a couple of their embarrassing stories of things that went wrong from their days in the lab.
Links for some of the content we discussed during the show:
- ISO 17025 - https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/912389/107_FSR-C-107_Digital_forensics_2.0.pdf
- ForMobile - https://formobile-project.eu/
- COP Report - https://www.college.police.uk/article/consultation-extracting-data-electronic-devices-released
- CTF Twitter - https://twitter.com/ChewintheFATPod
- DFIR Twitter # - https://twitter.com/hashtag/dfir
- Forensic Discord Server - https://discord.com/invite/JUqe9Ek
- Josh Hickman - https://thebinaryhick.blog/
- Heather Mahalik - https://www.cellebrite.com/en/ios-location-artifacts-explained/
- Jessica Hyde, Magnet Forensics - https://www.magnetforensics.com/blog/ways-to-share-in-dfir/
- Oleg Afonin, Elcomsoft - https://blog.elcomsoft.com/2021/02/ios-recovery-mode-analysis-reading-ios-version-from-locked-and-disabled-iphones/
- Phill Moore, ThisWeekin4n6 https://thisweekin4n6.com/
- Android Triage - https://www.andreafortuna.org/2021/04/10/android-triage-a-really-useful-forensic-tool-by-mattia-epifani/
- Alexis Brignoni, Realm - https://abrignoni.blogspot.com/search?q=realm
- Magnet Forensics, Chromebook Acquisition Assistant - https://www.magnetforensics.com/resources/magnet-chromebook-acquisition-assistant/
We would like to say a special thanks to the EU Formobile Project for supporting and helping fund this project. Without their support we would not have been able to get this off the ground.
You can visit the Formobile website at: https://formobile-project.eu/
This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 - Research and Innovation Framework Programme, H2020-SU-SEC-2018, under grant agreement no. 832800.