When life calls you to heal
I enjoyed a powerful conversation with my guest Dawn Kohler about how even the most successful people struggle with feeling not good enough and are actually coming from a place of trying to prove themselves rather than express themselves from a more confident and authentic self.
Dawn was an award-winning entrepreneur herself, when she was abruptly summoned to take a life-altering course. What followed was an extraordinary healing journey that gave her profound insights and a deep understanding of the human dynamic and how it plays out at home, work, and in our communities. Combining these insights, and her business experience, Dawn became a sought-after Executive Coach helping leaders understand and enhance their impact on others and their contribution to the world. Her clients have included many of the most influential women in entertainment, as well as senior leaders at such companies as Sony Pictures, NBCUniversal, Lionsgate, DreamWorks, Fox, Snapchat, Disney, and Amazon.
I talk to Dawn about her recent memoir, The Messages, which is a prophetic journey she experienced 25 years ago and how it has become relevant today. I also ask her about her role in the Board of Step-Up, a non-profit organization to help mentor teen girls in low-income areas.
- How the self that Dawn had created was hijacked by the one she was born to be when she felt her body couldn't even get out of the car. (2.27)
- The messages brought up feelings of abandonment in therapy which led to memories of sexual abuse as child. (5:37)
- Handling the challenge of raising three young children while releasing painful repressed memories (10.46)
- How understanding the feelings of transference during therapy, led to Dawn's true awakening.(18:08)
- How an awakening allows us to feel an expansion of our true self (14.42)
- Even the most successful of people have the 'Not good enough' wound. (16.16)
- Experiencing a Kundalini awakening before Dawn's encounter with the Divine, preparing her to receive the main messages. (23:20)
- Dawn's clear calling to WRITE (30.00)
- Messages to not follow those who 'judge' and how healing the world is still possible. (33:00)
- 'What do you need to do, to be who you already are' ? (40:10)
Connect with Dawn:
The Messages available on Amazon