Book of Leaves
Climate Anxiety, Reconnection, & Being a Good Ancestor - Rachel Dempsey
Rachel Dempsey has been clued into the environmental crisis since way before it was ‘cool’. She has a fascinating wealth of knowledge she has picked up and shared all across the world and I’m honoured to have been given her time for this interview. She was also the original creator of the Zero Waste Ireland Facebook group that has been mentioned on the podcast so many times before thanks to its helpfulness! Be sure to check out her website and give a follow on Instagram @full_circle_change or Facebook.
- [04:30] What it means to be a good ancestor.
- [06:35] The Zero Waste Ireland Facebook group
- [08:00] The work Rachel does
- [11:00] How singing helps with healing.
- [15:05] What climate anxiety looks like.
- [17:00] How our health system is set up to deal with climate anxiety in people.
- [23:30] Tips on becoming resilient.
- [28:00] How change happens? Positive stories.
- [32:00] Watching for climate anxiety warning signs
- [35:20] What workshops & services Rachel provides now
- [38:20] A song from Rachel
- The Good Ancestor Podcast
- Timi’s interview / Sorcha's interview
- Zero Waste Ireland Facebook Group
- Capacitar https://capacitar.org/
- Climate cafès
- Britt Wray: Ted Talk / Generation Dread book
- Laura Hartley for workshops on burnout
- Songs for the Great Turning
- Active Hope book by Joanna Macy
- A Field Guide To Climate Anxiety by Sarah Jaquette Ray