Book of Leaves
We're going to the Supreme Court! - Climate Case Ireland
In this episode I chat to Edwin Alblas on behalf of Climate Case Ireland about their upcoming case in the Supreme Court on the 22nd of June. Don't forget to sign their petition: https://www.climatecaseireland.ie/become-a-supporter/#in-my-nameCheck out www.bookofleavespodcast.com for more links. If you can, please support this podcast on Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/bookofleaves). Ceara x
- (04:45) An introduction of Edwin.
- (08:30) Who Friends of the Irish Environment are.
- (10:20) What the Climate Case is about.
- (14:05) How the previous hearings went.
- (18:20) Examples of other success stories around climate change cases (Urgenda Case).
- (23:15) The financial cost of Ireland not meeting EU targets.
- (25:55) How FIE are raising funds to do this case. (Donate here)
- (27:55) What happens if we lose the case.
- (32:50) How Edwin deals with constant knockbacks, being an activist.
- (38:00) Why FIE also hold talks and workshops.
- (43:00) The positive results for tackling climate change.