Bits of Gold
BOG #49 How to Unleash Untapped Potential w/ Kate Livingston
In this episode, I sit down with life / business coach, Kate Livingston to discuss all things coaching.
We answer the questions around what exactly a coach does, how they can help you, and who should work with a coach.
I've worked with a coach at numerous points in the last decade and it's been incredibly impactful in helping me achieve my goals and get clarity around why those goals are important.
View all episodes
136. How to Live Fully Alive in 2023 w/ Kate Manser #13654:12What You Will Learn:Following your bliss of living fully aliveHow to use visualization to manifest what you want Kate’s How to Live Fully Alive Manifesto Bio:Kate Manser helps humankind feel more alive. She is an inspiring and visionary artist, author, and speaker. Her book, YOU MIGHT DIE TOMORROW has sold thousands of copies in 6 countries. She has spoken at Facebook HQ, been quoted in O Magazine, and her art has been shown at New York Fashion Week. Kate's mission is to teach every human how to feel profoundly alive on any given day.Important Links:You Might Die Tomorrow: https://www.amazon.com/YOU-MIGHT-DIE-TOMORROW-Meaningful/dp/1952018005The Alive Workbook: https://www.amazon.com/Alive-Workbook-Challenges-Inspiration-Meaningful/dp/1952018048YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/katemanserInsta: @thealivekateTikTok: @thealivekateWebsite: www.katemanser.com
135. How to Become a Full-Time Creator w/ Jay Clouse #13529:23What You Will Learn:The power of designing your lifeThe daily practice of asking yourself if you are happy?How to identify what you want in life and how to make the necessary change The backbone of any creator businessSetting a time based goal to help you achieve what you really wantThe importance of word of mouth for growthWhy focusing on one platform can help your reach grow How to launch your career as a creator The new way to view employment and self-employmentThe fallacy of security in traditional employment Don’t compare yourself to others and run your own raceBio:Jay Clouse helps creators earn a living. He is the writer of Creator Science and the host of Creative Elements, a narrative-interview podcast going behind the scenes of today’s top creators. He previously led the Community Experience team for Pat Flynn and Smart Passive Income, designing their paid membership community and cohort-based course programs.Important Links:https://creatorscience.comhttps://creativeelements.fmhttps://twitter.com/jayclousehttps://linkedin.com/in/jayclouse
133. Creating Success In Your Life on All Levels w/ Oliver Villwock #13328:32What You Will Learn:How you define success in your lifeHow to look at success holistically in your lifeHow to make 2023 the most successful year yetBio:Oliver Villwock is an author, entrepreneur, and coach who helps his clients shift their inner worlds and do the hard work to define the life they want so that they can live with intention and purpose. Important Links:https://www.instagram.com/olivervillwock/
134. The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving A F*ck w/ Sarah Knight #13427:17What You Will Learn:How to stop worrying & obsessing over things that don't really matterHow to do the things you really want in 2023How to truly prioritize yourself in the new yearBio:Today my guest is Sarah Knight. Sarah is a New York Times Best Selling Author of the No Fucks Given Guides. With more than 3 million copies in print, Sarah’s No Fucks Given Guides have been published in thirty-one languages worldwide. Her TEDx Talk on “The Magic of Not Giving a Fuck” has 10 million views; in addition to writing and speaking, she hosts the popular No Fucks Given podcast, which reached #1 on the Apple Education charts.Important Links:NO F*CKS GIVEN: Naughty Words to Live By (a collection of Sarah's best quotes/advice): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0316490857THE LIFE-CHANGING MAGIC OF NOT GIVING A F*CK: https://www.amazon.com/Life-Changing-Magic-Not-Giving-Spending/dp/0316270725/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=GET YOUR SH*T TOGETHER: https://www.amazon.com/Get-Your-Sh-Together-Worrying/dp/0316505072/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1529527545&sr=8-3&keywords=sarah+knight&dpID=41CAknIbXsL&preST=_SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srchYOU DO YOU: https://www.amazon.com/You-Do-Youve-Given-Guide/dp/0316445126/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8CALM THE F*CK DOWN: https://www.amazon.com/Calm-Down-Control-Accept-Freaking/dp/031652915XF*CK NO!: https://www.amazon.com/No-Saying-Shouldnt-Given-Guide/dp/0316529141/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=f*ck+no+sarah+knight&qid=1555531696&s=gateway&sr=8-4https://sarahknight.comhttps://www.instagram.com/sarahknightauthor/https://www.facebook.com/sarahknightauthor
132. How to Break Through Barriers and Not Accept Limits w/ Bishoy Tadros #13240:30What You Will Learn:In order to succeed, you will fail. Embrace it. The only way to grow is to get out of your comfort zoneWhat you can learn about yourself in manufacturing hardship such as running endurance racesThe power in celebrating small wins How playing big can change your lifePatience, Perspective, and Purpose will help you live purposefully Bio:Bishoy Tadros was born in Egypt and his family immigrated to the US when he was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. He grew up in Long Island, NY where he received treatment for 10 years. On his 13th birthday, Bishoy underwent brain surgery and remains cancer-free. Outside of his career as an Account Executive at Saleforce, Bishoy is passionate about health and fitness. He is an Iron Man and a 6 -time marathoner. Beyond completing as a participant, Bishoy has led charitable campaigns for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society raising over $100,000 since 2017.In 2019, Bishoy added Author to his list of accolades with the debut of his self published memoir, Break Barriers. He wrote his book with the objective of giving readers a tool to channel the mindset to overcome obstacles whether they be personal, professional, or on the playing field.Important Links:www.bishoytadros.comInstagram - @bishoy_tadrosYouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/BishoyTadrosLinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/bishoy-tadros-mba/
131. Embracing Adversity And The Path to Growth w/ Lance Essihos #13144:05What You Will Learn:How to learn to reprogram yourself to from societies programming to your own desiresThe importance of trying things and travel to open your mindHow doing the best you can will eventually equal greatnessShow up, be the best you can, and have funPursue personal fulfillment. As a result, your best will come outThe benefit in slowing things downChoosing to suffer is a choice. How to use your adversity to serve you to growWhy doing the hard work creates an easy lifeBio:Lance Essihos is a world traveler and has made it his life’s mission to help heal the world through the art of powerful storytelling and human connection. He is the host of the top-rated podcast University of Adversity, motivating hundreds of thousands of listeners to turn their darkest days into their greatest motivators. He has interviewed over 350 renowned people all over the globe, including world-class entrepreneurs, pro athletes, celebrities, doctors, spiritual masters, and the common heroes among us. Lance is the Founder of Mic-Up Media, an agency that helps founders and visionary leaders grow their businesses, brands, and networks through podcasting and storytelling.Important Links:http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BFZ5SM13https://lanceessihos.com/
130. How to Embrace Change, Adapt Fast, and Future Proof Your Career w/ Jason Feifer #13012:45What You Will Learn:The best perspective to hold when you experience changeHow to reframe when you are experiencing changePowerful questions to ask yourself as you navigate changeThe power in incremental changeThe importance in understanding your goals before making a big changeBio:Jason Feifer is the editor in chief of Entrepreneur magazine, author of the book Build For Tomorrow, a startup advisor, and host of two podcasts: Build For Tomorrow (yes, same name as the book) a show about the smartest solutions to our most misunderstood problems; and Problem Solvers, about entrepreneurs overcoming the odds in their business.Prior to Entrepreneur, Jason has worked as an editor at Men’s Health, Fast Company, Maxim, and Boston magazine, and has written about business and technology for the Washington Post, Slate, New York, and others.Important Links:Twitter: @heyfeiferInstagram: @heyfeiferFacebook: @heyfeiferLinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/jasonfeiferWebsite: jasonfeifer.comNewsletter: jasonfeifer.bulletin.com
129. What It Really Takes to Build the Next Great CPG Brand w/ David Greenfeld #12923:48What You Will Learn:How to define your own successWhat it really takes to pursue your dreamsThe power of networking in the field you aspire to be inThe importance of being stubborn in vision, but flexible in executionWhy you shouldn't compare yourself to others Why you should love what you do Bio: David Greenfeld the Founder and CEO of Dream Pops. Dream Pops is one of the fastest growing plant-based ice cream & confectionery brands in the United States. He was recently named to Forbes 30 Under 30 Class of 2020 for Food & Drink, and in a few short years has built and scaled a vertically integrated factory & supply chain servicing more than 6,500+ retailers with plans to reach 8,000 by year's end.David took the leap from a life of financial security as an investment banker to pursue his dream in building the next great plant based ice cream and confectionery brand. David's Bit of Gold: He said, “Life is short. You should strive to wake up everyday and love what you do. The financial piece is important. You need to take care of yourself. But you need to be thoughtful in what you want to do with the limited amount of time that you have on this planet.”He knew he wanted to make change in his life and he took the jump… 6 years later, it’s finally paying off. Important Links:www.dreampops.comdavidgreenfeld.cohttps://www.linkedin.com/in/dgreenfeld/
128. Designing Your Life - How to Build a Well Lived, and Joyful Life w/ Bill Burnett & Dave Evans #12825:24What You Will Learn:How to use design principles and key design mindsets to design your life.The big fallacy of following your passion that's holding you backWhat to do if you feel stuck How to navigate if you are overwhelmed with opportunity How to grapple with money vs. meaning in your career Critical reframes you can apply in your own life to live a more joyful life Bio:Today my guest are the authors of the New York Times Best Selling Book - Designing Your Life - How to Build a Well-Live, Joyful Life. Bill Burnett and Dave Evans are Silicon Valley innovators and Stanford University design educators in the hugely successful course, Designing Your Life, having helped thousands change the way they live. Using design principles and design thinking, they’ve helped thousands define what they want in their life and how to create it. Important Links:https://www.amazon.com/Designing-Your-Life-Well-lived-Joyful/dp/0451494083/https://www.amazon.com/Designing-Your-Work-Life-Happiness/dp/0593467450/https://www.linkedin.com/in/dave-evans-62148/https://www.linkedin.com/in/bill-burnett-4225401/