Beyond Your WHY
A Better Way Forward
Meet Dale Armstrong.
His WHY is Make Sense.
Interviewed by WHY Institute Founder Dr. Gary Sanchez (Better Way).
Dale Armstrong was raised in rural western New Mexico and graduated from San Juan College in 1984. He worked in the plumbing trade while attending NMSU, and continued working in plumbing until 1987. In 1987, Dale started TLC Plumbing & Utility. Over the past 32 years Dale has grown the business from a one man shop into a thriving company that employs over 500 people that live and work in New Mexico.
Dale has raised his family and grown his company in his home state. He knows New Mexico's potential. After a visit to Santa Fe during the
2017 legislative session to testify as a business owner and advocate for bills impacting the business community, Dale became frustrated with how carelessly some politicians were casting their votes. To him, it appeared to be more of a competition between parties, rather than what was right for constituents.
He came back from the experience discouraged by how he and other citizens were being served on common ground issues. As such, he decided to find a way to educate the public and encourage positive change. Ultimately, this led to the creation of Viante New Mexico.
• Do the right things for the right reasons every day.
• Develop leaders and allow them to grow.
• Champion personal & technical development of the workforce.
• Teach life skills to all employees.
• Develop systems to benefit the client & employees.
• Support the needs of the community.
• NM Ethics in Business Award
• Pinon Award - Quality New Mexico
• Developed a 4 year Apprenticeship Program at TLC
• Best Places to Work in New Mexico - Winner for 3 consecutive years
• Top Performing CEO - State of New Mexico
• The Safety-man Award for our commitment to our employee's safety
• The Cooper Award for outstanding dedication to excavation law safety
• The STEP Award for Safety Training Evaluation Process
You can learn about Viante New Mexico here: www.viantenm.org/dale-armstrong/.