Beer Ladies Podcast
25: Women in Beer - Aine from Connemara
‘A modern beer from an ancient land.’ Christina, Thandi, and Katie talk with Aine who leads Connemara Brewing, one of the very newest wonders of the Wild Atlantic Way in the West of Ireland.
How did Aine O’Hora become a technical brewer of broad range and ability, and a maven of swabbing and quality control? With a biotechnology degree in DCU here, and a year’s work experience in Harp there. A bit of work in the pharmaceutical industry. A Masters at Herriot Watt in Scotland. Off to Australia’s Matilda Bay, working in wellies and learning her trade. From there to VB, processing 1100 hectolitre batches of ‘Victoria Bitter’ lager every 2.6 hours. Back to Ireland again, helping to set up craft brewers Wicklow Wolf. Finally arriving home again, and now making lager and ale by hand in an old-fashioned, open fermentation, ten hectolitre brewhouse. That’s how!
We wish the new project plenty more manual brewing and Quality Management Systems certificates in the years to come. Thanks to Aine and Connemara Brewing for the interview, and for bringing incredible local lager to the beauty spots of Ireland.
- Connemara, Galway - Lager - https://www.connemarabrewery.com
- Connemara, Galway - Ale - https://www.connemarabrewery.com
- Four Provinces, Dublin - ‘Hurler’ Copper Ale - https://www.fourprovinces.ie
- Western Herd, Clare - ‘Coast Road’ IPA - https://www.westernherd.com/product/coast-road/
- Connemara Brewing Co. - https://www.connemarabrewery.com
- Herriot Watt, UK - https://www.hw.ac.uk/
- Matilda Bay, Australia - https://matildabay.com/
Follow the Beer Ladies here:
- YouTube - Beer Ladies Podcast
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/beerladiespodcast/
- Twitter - beerladiespod
- Facebook Page - Beer Ladies Podcast
- Website - http://beerladiespodcast.com/
Please like, rate, share, and subscribe - you know the drill ;)
Cheers! 🍻 Until next week!Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/beerladiespod)