On this week's show we talk to Susan Jane, nominated for Women in Business Award 2011, Winner of Asian Pacific Stevie Award, founder of IntuitiveNature.com and author of Intuitive Flowers (and podcast host!). Susan talks about the times in her life where her spirit left her body - during a horrific pack rape and a near death experience at work-and how this experience led her to recovery, insight and understanding of the interaction of her physical self and spiritual self. Her path to healing and helping others find their own intuition and insight, has inspired her to share her knowledge and confidence to succeed. Sarah mentions her imaginary friend was called Susan and the scene is set for an interesting interview. Listener discretion is advised in this episode due to the sexual violence and assault discussed.
View all episodes
25. Aware Special Edition35:03For the final of our Aware special editions Nicky and Sarah have a dive into the false imposter syndrome and what it is. Of course this discussion heads off in to many different tangents with their usual laughter and insights.
24. Aware42:02On this special edition, Nicky is back, and the conversation takes a few twists and turns as we unpack the trend for 'lived experience' as incidental learning that boosts structured training, how mind potentialities are the way we think and not a weakness and why Nicky got told she has a saggy pelvis. We encourage the idea of why you need to 'wilfully put yourself though shit' to become a better leader and poke fun at ourselves in the distraction.
23. Aware Special Edition32:52This blast from the not so distant past, finds Nicky and Sarah pondering the adaptability paradox and how to find your north star. Recorded in the 6th lockdown during COVID it is a chat on meta skills and why adaptability is a crucial part of the happiness jigsaw. Sarah offers a moment of enlightenment with a Buddha quote and Nicky is suitably underwhelmed by it!
22. Aware Podcast31:04Nicky and Sarah are on a break. After 35 interviews they need it! Instead what we have planned for you is a couple of weeks listening to Sarah and Nicky talk on all things life, business and whatever else comes up (from our Business Hangover podcast). Full of laughter, insight and a few gems, join us on our hiatus and we will be back with some incredible guests for the next part of 2022. Keep subscribing. listening, sharing and don't forget to review.This episode we tackle the issue of toxic behaviour, in ourselves and in the workplace..
21. Aware Special Edition29:12Nicky and Sarah are on a break. After 35 interviews they need it! Instead what we have planned for you is a couple of weeks listening to Sarah and Nicky talk on all things life, business and whatever else comes up (from our Business Hangover podcast). Full of laughter, insight and a few gems, join us on our hiatus and we will be back with some incredible guests for the next part of 2022. Keep subscribing. listening, sharing and don't forget to review. This episode we tackle the idea of resilience and getting dusty.
19. Aware Podcast19:55This week we talk with Vaughan Granger a business man with a keen eye for fashion and styling. Starting with working in his family business, successful and happy he became aware of a restlessness in his life. Searching for his own sense of belonging and purpose, he began to notice another skill- building men's confidence through their clothes and image branding. In a very natural way Vaughan began chasing his dreams with reckless abandon and finding happiness in helping others evolve into their best self. From developing his clients confidence through a personalised style to running businesses, Vaughan is now at the top of his career and enjoying his new purpose.
18. AWARE Podcast27:01What happens when you get your dream job, love the life and then the plane crashes, literally. This week's guest Nini Tolson, life coach and business woman, lost her job, her dream, herself and her home. Surviving a plane crash wasn't the end of the trauma for Nini. Two years of rehabilitation and her pregnancy finished her dream job as a flight attendant. She spiralled into a dark emotion space, lost herself and her identity. When a doctor told her she had to find a way back or lose her child she made the decision to fight. Navigating a cultural nonacceptance of recognising mental health, moving countries, going broke, moving again and finding success are all part of her story. Nini leaves nothing on the shelf in this podcast. Raw and very real, she explores being a woman who lost everything and how she now uses that experiences to build other women up. This podcast discusses suicidal ideation and listener discretion is advised.
17. Aware Podcast31:46How do you survive your daughters murder during a terrorist attack? This weeks guests Mark and Julie Wallace talk to us about the struggle they had to find a way to cope with the death of their daughter, Sarz, a 21 year old woman who walked into a moment of madness on London Bridge. With traditional options leaving them lost in their grief, they started to explore what else could help them make sense of such a horrific tragedy. Inspired to help others they founded Sarz Sanctuary and Sarz Spirit, a wholistic online platform to help, connect, share and support anyone experiencing traumatic grief. Inspirational, funny and insightful they share Sarz and the trauma of losing her, meeting the queen, a spiritual awakening and a drive to help others. Go to https://sarzsanctuary.com/ to find out more and how you can donate to help their vision come alive.