Audience Architect podcast
Uncharted Metrics: Embracing the Paradigm Shift to Google Analytics 4
In this enlightening episode of the Audience Architect podcast, we dive deep into the world of digital metrics, focusing on the monumental transition from Universal Google Analytics to Google Analytics 4 (GA4). Our expert guest, data analyst Caitlin McCluskey-Fitch sheds light on the major paradigm shifts accompanying this change, elucidating the new features and capabilities of GA4, and why it's set to redefine how we understand and interpret online audience behaviors. Whether you're a seasoned analytics pro or just dipping your toes into digital data, this episode offers valuable insights into the future of web analytics.
Caitlin McCluskey-Fitch is a seasoned digital analytics professional with a passion for data visualization and storytelling. Throughout her career, she's collaborated with major organizations like Tinuiti, Evolytics, and Cardinal Path, guiding data-driven decisions and spearheading various analytics initiatives. With expertise spanning Google Analytics, Tableau, and Looker Studio, Caitlin has consistently demonstrated her aptitude for transforming data into actionable insights.
Connect with her on Twitter at @CaitlinMarieMcc or via email at email@example.com
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- GA4 Training Guide & Support - https://bit.ly/3sB3PTj
- Expert Krista Seiden GA Training - https://academy.ksdigital.co/courses/ga4-course1
Episode feedback welcome to me at firstname.lastname@example.org; Bill Levine
Podcast production: Camilo Duque, Victtoria Records - email@example.com
View all episodes
8. Unveiling the Future of Audience-Driven Product Innovation with Ronda Hughes59:35Welcome to Episode #8 of the Audience Architect podcast with your host, Bill Levine. In this engaging session, we're joined by Ronda Hughes from IronMarkets, a beacon in the realms of digital media, event marketing, and audience development. With a rich background that spans across 3 decades and pivotal roles at IronMarkets, Advanstar and EnsembleIQ, Ronda brings her tremendous expertise in leveraging data insights for audience segmentation and engagement. Her innovative approach has significantly contributed to new revenue channels and improved engagement methods, focusing on behavioral data to drive business growth.Today, Ronda dives into the evolving role of Audience Development professionals in the ideation, development, launch, and success of new products. From breaking down silos in the ideas room to leveraging audience data in shaping product strategies, she shares invaluable insights on the intersection of audience engagement and successful product development. Join us as Ronda discusses the unique value of audience development in productization, data-driven strategies, collaboration across teams, and the future vision for audience-driven products in advertising and sponsorship solutions. This episode is a must-listen for anyone looking to understand the critical role of audience engagement in the lifecycle of product development.Ronda Hughes: (24) Ronda Hughes | LinkedInIronMarkets Publisher: IRONMARKETS - B2B Media & Business Engagement Platform
7. The Reinvention of Magazines in a Digital World: A Conversation with Peter Houston01:00:05Welcome to Episode #7 of the Audience Architect podcast, the first of 2024, with your host, Bill Levine. In today's episode, we're thrilled to host Peter Houston, a veteran media expert, publisher, and co-founder of The Grub Street Journal. Peter brings a decade of experience from Flipping Pages Media Ltd and insights from co-hosting Media Voices, a podcast examining the media world's trends. We run to ground the counterintuitive revival of print magazine media, discussing The Grub Street Journal's journey, its advocacy for slow journalism, and the future of print in an increasingly digital age. Join us as we explore how magazines may find their unique place in the luxury and nostalgia strata of media brands (clue: reinvention is a must). Peter also shares personal stories from The Grub Street Journal, business model experimentation, the budding magazine scene in the UK, advice for aspiring writers, and his broader thoughts on audience engagement, podcasting, and his take on AI and trending topics in the publishing industry. Tune in for this fun, inspiring and thought provoking conversation with Peter.Contact Peter: https://www.linkedin.com/in/phousty/Mentioned in the Podcast: The Paper - pub for gen z and millenials about life in Wales - https://thepaper.bigcartel.com/The Tonic Magazine - self described as a heady cocktail of drink, travel, and adventure - https://thetonicmag.com/FIPP Future of Print report - you may be shocked how high a percentage of revenue print still constitutes - https://www.fipp.com/news/mapping-the-world-of-print/Racquet Magazine - about what else, tennis! - https://racquetmag.com/ Delayed Gratification - a media brand that reinvented their magazine (as a quarterly) - https://www.slow-journalism.com/
6. Inside the Evolution: Live Insights with James Hewes on Media’s Future at MACMA’s Holiday Extravaganza55:46In this captivating episode of Audience Architect, recorded live at the MACMA Holiday Extravaganza at the Hearst Tower in New York City on November 30th, we delve into a wide-ranging and insightful conversation with James Hewes, CEO of FIPP – the global media network trade group.Please note that this episode was recorded live at the event, so while the audio quality may be a bit less polished than usual, the richness of the conversation more than makes up for it. We appreciate your understanding and hope you enjoy this insightful episode!Join us as we explore the pivotal themes and insights from the event’s speakers and sessions. The focus of our discussion is on what publishers can do to reconnect with their readers. We dissect the shift from audience-based models to community-centric metrics, uncovering what this paradigm shift means for the future of publishing.James shares his expert perspective on the challenges and opportunities facing media and publishing on a global scale. Our conversation spans a variety of critical topics, including revenue diversification, the nuances of multichannel content distribution, and the intricacies of mining content consumption and intention data. We also touch upon the implications of privacy concerns, the transformative role of artificial intelligence in the industry, and strategies for nurturing young audiences, particularly "Generation A (Alpha)".As James prepares to transition from his role at FIPP to join the Public Relations and Communications Association (PRCA) at the end of January 2024, he leaves us with some valuable resources and recommendations. He suggests "Traffic" by Ben Smith (https://bit.ly/47XifMM) for an engaging read and highlights Lucy Kueng’s report "Hearts and Minds: Harnessing Leadership, Culture, and Talent to Really Go Digital" (Read the Report). Additionally, he endorses the Media Voices podcast by Peter Houston (Listen Here) for further industry insights.Don't miss this episode packed with thought-provoking discussions and key takeaways for anyone interested in the evolving landscape of media and publishing. You can reach James at firstname.lastname@example.org for further insights until his departure from FIPP.
5. Crafting Authentic Engagement: A Deep Dive with Carla Zanoni01:00:59Dive deep into the world of audience engagement with the distinguished Carla Zanoni. From her transformative roles at TED and The Wall Street Journal to the subtle art of audience development, Carla's insights unravel the layers of content strategy in the digital age deploying a blend of human empathy and data insights. As we navigate the intricate digital landscape, we probe into innovative ways to connect content with its audience, the evolving nature of audience personas, the importance of courting youth, and the future of audience engagement strategies. Join us on 'Audience Architect' as we dissect these topics and more with an industry titan.Learn more About Carla/Contact Her:CarlaZanoni.com CarlaZanoni@gmail.com
How Intent Data is Shaping Audience Strategies and Transforming Publishing01:01:55We're diving deep into a topic that has taken the publishing world by storm and is on the agenda at every publishing industry conference - Purchasing Intention Data. Some think of it as the heartbeat of today's data-driven programmatic advertising and lead generation solutions. So, why is there so much buzz around ‘intent’ data? At its essence, intent data unravels the intricate tapestry of audience or user behaviors, their frequency of engagements, preferred channels, and aligns it with demographics. This alignment allows us to predict, with greater accuracy than ever before, an individual's likelihood to purchase specific products or services pitched by advertisers. Many B2B media publishers and events companies are now presenting this innovative tool to their advertisers, and it's rapidly becoming a cornerstone of audience development strategies.This episode's special guest is Len Roberto, a name synonymous with product innovation and forward-thinking strategies in the world of data-driven audience development, Len has been at the forefront of the intent data revolution. With a career spanning nearly 30 years working in companies like Informa, Northstar, George Little Mgmt, Canon, Penton, Wicks Business Information, starting out in B2B old school print circulation in 1995 - Len has not only witnessed but actively shaped the transition towards a more predictive and intelligent way of understanding and monetizing audience behavior.Most recently Len has been employed in the division of Informa Markets known as Qualifi, an intent-data based service. He will go deep on the Qualifi story in this episode. EPISODE RESOURCESContact Len Roberto - email@example.com Qualifi website - https://www.qualifi.ai/en/home.htmlForrester Wave Report - B2B Intent Providers Q2 2023 https://reprints2.forrester.com/#/assets/2/771/RES178498/report
2. The AI Equation: Questex CEO Discusses Impact and Experiments in B2B Sector45:22Welcome to episode #2 of MACMA’s “Audience Architect”. For our inaugural and this second episode, we’ve chosen a topic that is not just a trend, but a revolution – The impact of Artificial Intelligence on the publishing, media, and news industries. In our inaugural episode, we talked to Greg Krehbiel, a publishing industry expert and thought leader, to get a wide lens perspective on the impact of AI on our industries; this week I’m thrilled that we’ll move the conversation to the corner office and talk to Paul Miller, CEO of Questex. We've got a special guest who's right at the heart of these fascinating changes. He's the CEO of Questex, Paul Miller, a key player in the events and publishing industry.Paul is a forward-thinking leader with a keen ability and track record of growing businesses, having led and grown businesses with revenues ranging from $30 to $250 million in both privately and publicly held companies.Before leading Questex, Paul Miller held key positions in several major companies. He was the President of Informa's Industry & Infrastructure Intelligence and Penton's Industry Group, managing diverse portfolios across multiple markets. At UBM, he held numerous managerial roles, concluding as CEO of UBM Tech where he spearheaded digital and international expansion. His career kicked off with Reed Business Information.Paul's unique position gives him insightful perspectives on how AI might be shaping our industry's future.Audience Architect is a content service of MACMA – The Media Audience and Content Marketer’s Association. Supercharge your career with MACMA's paid membership - connect with industry experts, thought leaders, and like-minded professionals, expand your knowledge, and stay ahead with networking events, webinars, and conferences. Join MACMA today for unparalleled value and professional growth.Write me with your feedback on the show and topic ideas for future episodes – Bill Levine – firstname.lastname@example.orgMy producer of this show is Camilo Duque of Victtoria Records Medellin – available to produce your podcast, music, videos and provide consultation and guidance at email@example.comShow Links:www.the-macma.org/about-ushttps://questex.com/
1. Navigating the AI Wave: Reshaping the B2B Media Landscape35:20Welcome to the very first episode of MACMA’s “Audience Architect,” where we are crafting the future of audience engagement. Our mission is to dive into the intricacies of the ever-evolving media and publishing landscape through the sharp lens of audience and marketing professionals. Each episode, we'll unravel the meaning and perspective on trends that are shaping the industry.For our inaugural episode, we’ve chosen a topic that is not just a trend, but a revolution – The impact of Artificial Intelligence on the publishing, media, and news industries.What better way to explore this topic than with an expert in the field! In this episode, our esteemed guest is Mr. Greg Krehbiel. Greg runs the Krehbiel Group whose raison d'être is to solve technology, strategy, operations, and process problems for publishers and others. His expertise includes Customer Data Platforms, acquisition and retention, e-commerce, RFPs, fulfillment, and project management.Greg has decades of experience in content creation, and has worked extensively on publishing and marketing operations, and in related technologies. He writes a lot and often about publishing, and he has a daily podcast called “Something I Learned Yesterday”.Over the course of this episode, we’ll delve into how publishers and media houses can adapt to this wave of change, the ethical considerations, and the infinite possibilities that AI and Chatbots offer to create more dynamic and personalized experiences for audiences.Audience Architect is a content service of MACMA – The Media Audience and Content Marketer’s Association. Supercharge your career with MACMA's paid membership - connect with industry experts, thought leaders, and like-minded professionals, expand your knowledge, and stay ahead with networking events, webinars, and conferences. Join MACMA today for unparalleled value and professional growth. Write me with your feedback on the show and topic ideas for future episodes – Bill Levine – firstname.lastname@example.org The phenomenal producer of this show is Camilo Duque of Victtoria Records Medellin – available to produce your podcast, music, videos and provide consultation and guidance at email@example.com Show Links:www.the-macma.org/about-ushttps://krehbielgroup.com/ https://chat.openai.com/ https://skift.com/ https://martech.org/