29. Episode 29 - Disruption at the Edge, with Arrcus' Shekar Ayyar34:14Patrick Kelly talks with Arrcus' CEO Shekar Ayyar, exploring how the network infrastructure market is ripe for disruption, starting from the edge in.
View all episodes
28. 5G Testing and Assurance in the Cloud Era, with Spirent's Steve Douglas47:46Patrick Kelly talks with Spirent's Head of Strategy, Stephen Douglas, on the nature of testing and assurance for telcos in the cloud era. At least, that's where they start... An informative two-way discussion follows - a useful primer for lots of what will be on show at MWC24.
1. Episode 27 - Changing the Game, with Amdocs' Avishai Sharlin30:38In the telecom software market, Amdocs has long been one of the most significant and successful players. But how does it view, and respond to, the multiple waves of disruptive change in telecom and IT, from cloud to GenAI? To what extent are its customers - 400-some telcos across the globe - embracing or playing down the impact? In short, while we often talk about game-changing technologies, how is that playing out in practice, for both telcos and their suppliers?And, just ahead of MWC24, what can we expect to see hear and experience from Amdocs this year?This episode is a wide-ranging half-hour conversation with one of Amdocs' most senior and most experienced executives.
26. Modernizing Assurance, with Ciena Blue Planet's Ashley Woods25:47The goals of network and service assurance haven't changed - but just about everything else has. How should operators adapt their assurance strategies and established a modern assurance capability? In this episode, Robert is joined by two true veterans in this market and topic: Ashley Woods, from Blue Planet (a Division of Ciena) and Principal Analyst Patrick Kelly.
25. Episode 25 - Going Vertical, with Oracle's Matt Beal23:32Telcos were supporting industry verticals long before 5G, but seem to be struggling to make the case for greater relevance. Why is that? What are the opportunities and what else - beyond improved connectivity technology - must telcos do differently to be true partners for industries going forward?Robert and Grant are joined by Matt Beal, Senior VP of Development at Oracle Communications, and a highly experienced telecom industry executive on both sides of the Atlantic.
24. Beyond x86: Specialty Silicon in Telecom19:01Yes, the telecom future is software - but it's not *only* software, and innovation and specialization in silicon has a major part to play in enabling and shaping the future of the industry.Accompanying a major new Market Outlook report on the continuing evolution of silicon in telecom, Grant Lenahan talks to Robert about why the silicon market is so important, how new vendors are making an impact, and why CSPs need to be up to speed on their options.
23. Episode 23 - DTW, MWC Americas, Fyuz24:23Summer seems a long time ago, as the tradeshow season has returned with near back-to-back events. Robert, Patrick and John review the themes, mood and showfloor conversations from TM Forum's recent Digital Transformation World, and the GSMA's MWC Americas in Las Vegas. We also look ahead to the upcoming Telecom Infra Project's Fyuz in Madrid, and FutureNet World Asia.