Amplify Your Awesome™ with Yong Pratt
0:02 Have you ever thought about hiring your own kids or even someone else's to work inside your business?
0:12 Most business owners are surprised when Yong inquires about including their kids in their business
0:36 Today’s Topic: 3 Reasons Why Kids are often the most overlooked assets inside any business and how including your kiddos, or again, someone else's if you don't have kids at home at the moment how helping them and train them is really all about training up and raising the next generation of entrepreneurs.
1:07 Welcome to Episode 285 of the Amplify Your Awesome™ podcast with host, Yong Pratt, also known as Dr. content
1:50 Why the idea of kids, business, and raising entrepreneurs is one of Yong’s passions
2:16 “I believe raising the next generation of entrepreneurs is one of the most important things as entrepreneurs that we can do.” - Yong Pratt
2:57 Reason #1 why including kids in business is important to Yong
3:20 Reason #1 why including kids in business is important to Yong and celebrating her oldest daughter’s birthday
3:51 “The desire to want to see kids step into the special gifts and talents they possess, help them recognize those talents, and then show them ways that they can use those gifts and talents to serve other people is a big deal.” - Yong Pratt
4:25 Bringing her kiddos into her business began by asking one simple question...What if...
4:44 Why Yong feels like Nancy Drew most days
5:30 Why business owners “should” create content
6:04 How shifting her performing arts school and coming to the end of her Virtual Assistant’s contract fueled the “What If” question for Yong
8:38 Yong’s girls were raised inside her business, were included in the business with various tasks as they got older, and got to see behind the scenes
10:21 How the prospect of snuggling up side-by-side helped Yong’s youngest daughter become part of her business.
10:57 The surprising talent Yong’s 11 year-old had that helped tremendously with webinars
12:30 How, with her daughter’s help, their first co-hosted webinar turned out better than expected.
13:23 How Yong’s love of tech helped fuel the tasks her daughters learned in business
13:42 The tasks Yong’s 11 year-old learned and was hired by other businesses to do for them
14:37 Reason/Objection #1 when it comes to hiring kids to work in our businesses
16:12 Reason/Objection #2 and questions to ask yourself when it comes to hiring your kids
17:55 They “KEY” to hiring your kiddos, employees, or contractors in your business
18:09 Reason/Objection 31 when it comes to hiring kids to work in our businesses
18:40 The surprising discovery Yong made when she looked at the tasks her kids were doing for her and for other business owners and how it all ties into how she serves today
20:04 In case the terms content and content repurposing are new to you, be sure to tune into last week’s podcast on today’s show notes
20:40 Ready to start or scale your repurposing efforts? Join Yong The Content Repurposing Quickstart on Wednesday, July 15 at 9 AM PST.
21:08 What the hands-on, do-the-work-together Quickstart Workshop includes…
22:19 Yong’s workshop promise
23:09 Why the workshop is called Quickstart
23:39 Even if most of your content is text based now, Yong will show you how to turn that into video or audio quickly
24:11 What Yong’s clients normally pay to work with her one-on-one and how you can work with her for only $27!!!
24:39 The Content Repurposing Quickstart Workshop workshop is for you if...
24:42 (1) You are starting your content creation journey, and you want to create a repurposing system to maximize your content to its fullest.
24:52 (2) You are currently repurposing maybe a little bit of your content and you're looking to scale that and really go for maximum impact with your content, this workshop is for you.
25:26 “I believe in you. I believe in your kids. I believe in the power of empowering our kids to see the possibilities that exist for them by becoming entrepreneurs. I'm going to raise my glass to you today and say cheers, to raising entrepreneurs. It starts with you and I cannot wait to see what you do with your kiddos.” - Yong Pratt
View all episodes
355. Season 5 Finale30:24With 60 episodes, Season 5 of the Amplify Your Awesome™ Podcast is coming a close. In this solo episode, Yong shares:Why Season 5 is ending nowWhat's on the horizon for Season 6Projects and behind-the-scenes of what's in store for you in Q4 2021.Get Season 6 updates, more behind the scenes, and grab Yong's Content Gold Mining Maps & Audio Series while they're still free at www.yongpratt.com/355 Be sure to come share your biggest takeaways from this episode inside Yong's FB Community, the Arena of Awesome.
354. How to Stop Hustling and boost your Confidence32:320:00 Do you ever feel compelled to rush throughout your day to get more stuff done? What about hustling when you know you don't even need to do that? If you've experienced either of these, you're gonna want to lean in and turn up the volume on today's episode because our guest, Savanna Schiavo is going to help us ditch the hustle and reprogram the rush. 1:09 About Savanna Schiavo2:25 Savanna’s life before becoming a life and confidence coach.5:55 Why hustle and rush often creep into our lives and how conditioning, culture, and our internal desires inform these activities.“Hustle and rush are coming from a place of fear, and a place of lack. It's us acting out of fear of not-enoughness essentially.” - Savanna Schiavo11:06 The correlation between fear of lack and confidence.11:59 “When we're taking actions from the place of hustle and rush, it's blocking our confidence. It's blocking our creativity, our energy, our ability to flow, our ability to relax and tap into our gifts." - Savanna Schiavo 13:18 “To access more confidence in our business, we have to solve for the fear that's been driving our business. We need to look at the fear that is keeping us from feeling competent.” - Savanna Schiavo14:45 How business owners can tap into and reprogram fear so it works for us and it becomes something positive versus staying stuck in that negative emotion.15:32 What do you believe is keeping you going all the time? What are the beliefs that have been driving this behavior for me?16:10 Common beliefs we don’t even notice that we think are true.17:19 Question 2: Is this true?19:30 Question 3: If you didn't believe this, what would be different about you? What you're doing is showing yourself, your subconscious mind, what would be available to you, if you decided to let go of this optional belief, and practice and open up to new beliefs. 22:02 How do we share ourselves, share our messages and attract the right people into our businesses using social media as a tool rather than a place to feel bad about ourselves?23:11 On attracting the right people by being magnetic.26:05 Savana’s favorite way to create content 27:10 “I let myself be the really imperfect human I am so people really get to see me. I think that's what is so powerful.” - Savanna Schiavo29:06 Connect with Savanna30:36 Grab Savanna’s journaling prompts inside the Arena of Awesome Group and share your biggest takeaways. ----------------------------Ready to unearth the GOLD in your content?Grab the Content Gold Mining Maps & Audio Series today
353. Incorporating Core Values into Your Content43:220:00 When you think back to your childhood, were there topics that were taboo in your family? Today's guest, Judy Tsuei, is someone who helps other people dive into some of these taboo topics. We're going to talk about maybe how we can start to lean in, pay attention, and really uncover these stories and move on from them. 1:16 About Judy Tsuei2:26 Judy’s path to discovering Human Design and living as a Generator.4:01 Yong’s Human Design discovery and being a Projector as an impatient person.4:50 How discovering her Human Design gave Judy “permission” to be exactly who and how liberating it was for her. 5:30 Raising a Generator daughter and the energy it creates7:37 A good place to start to kind of assess maybe some of the topics that we learned growing up that were more taboo for us.9:36 “It's so easy to compare our insides based on someone else's outside, that's what social media does so well.” 10:19 What being a yoga teacher and a Reiki practitioner helped Judy learn.11:09 How holding onto guilt and shame was a normal part of growing up for Yong13:57 How to dig deeper into emotional vulnerability and start to let people in through our journey.18:16 Breaking down in art therapy helped Judy make a breakthrough.18:48 Just because something worked one time does not mean that it will work the next time you try it. 21:02 Embracing compassion even when it’s outside of cultural norms“It's hard to take expectations from one set of cultures to put that lens on someone else”. 22:28 Judy’s 2-minute exercise and the mindfulness practices she offers on her podcast, F*ck Saving Face, every Friday“On the other side of that challenge is a different person that can walk out of the room than walk in that room.” - Yong25:14 “Play is processing.”27:05 Judy’s favorite way to create content28:17 Judy’s journey of hiring junior copywriters and adding in a mentorship component to uplift other people and help them come up in their careers and their goals. 30:56 How to give ourselves permission to talk about what we want to talk about and stay true to who we are.33:22 “Content is about creating those meaningful connections.” 34:23 The practice of keeping yourself elevated and authentic and leaning into growing edges.35:18 Becoming a responsible content creator. 37:53 “If you're ever in question of what it is that you’re posting, go back to your core values.”39:22 Connect with Judy40:59 Come share your biggest takeaways from today’s episode inside the Arena of Awesome. ------------------------Ready to launch your very own podcast AND leverage Facebook Ads to grow your audience in just 2 days???That's exactly what's waiting for you inside Podcast Launchpad. Save your seat today.
352. Leveraging live video for a podcast38:39Save your seat for Podcast Launchpad, a 2-day LIVE learning experience with Yong Pratt and Tammy P at www.yongpratt.com/launchpadWhen: August 24-25, 2021Where: Anywhere you have access to the internetWhat you'll get:By the end of the 2 days, you'll walk away with:Your very own podcast launched or ready to launchA Facebook Ad to promote your launch and build an engaged audienceIf you've ever dreamed of launching your own podcast and learning how to use FB ads the right way, now's your chance to learn LIVE from Yong & Tammy.Save your seat at www.YongPratt.com/launchpad
351. The Oxygen Mask Effect31:560:00 Attention passengers! Should the cabin lose pressure at any time during today's flight, oxygen masks will drop down from the overhead panel. Please place the mask on your mouth and nose before assisting others. No matter how many times we hear this advice, many of us simply ignore it. We opt instead to care for those around us and prioritize them over ourselves. Our guest today is going to show us how to put the oxygen mask effect into action. 1:18 About today’s guest, Alison Swerdloff2:10 Tara’s life before The Oxygen Mask Effect7:43 On being a recovering people-pleaser.“The oxygen mask effect is saying: self-care is not selfish. You cannot serve somebody from an empty cup.” - Alison Swerdloff11:06 How Alison defines self-care“Self-care is finding what excites you, finding what energizes you." - Alison Swerdloff12:13 Why scheduling self-care is so important 12:56 Building the habits of self-care into your life.13:36 “Self-care is not selfish. It’s saying yes to yourself.” - Alison Swerdloff15:21 Alison’s favorite way to create content and share the Oxygen Mask Effect with others. 19:59 Using our voices to share with others 22:15 How Alison monetizes her business26:38 Connect with Alison28:55 Come over to the Arena of Awesome and share your biggest takeaways about self-care and the Oxygen Mask Effect.—————————Ready to launch your very own podcast AND leverage Facebook Ads to grow your audience in just 2 days???That's exactly what's waiting for you inside Podcast Launchpad. Save your seat today.
350. Zero to Podcast in Less Than 4 Hours!23:42Save your seat for Podcast Launchpad, a 2-day LIVE learning experience with Yong Pratt and Tammy P at www.yongpratt.com/launchpadWhen: August 24-25, 2021Where: Anywhere you have access to the internetWhat you'll get:By the end of the 2 days, you'll walk away with:Your very own podcast launched or ready to launchA Facebook Ad to promote your launch and build an engaged audienceIf you've ever dreamed of launching your own podcast and learning how to use FB ads the right way, now's your chance to learn LIVE from Yong & Tammy.Save your seat at www.YongPratt.com/launchpad
349. How To Rediscover Your Body32:170:00 Have you ever been asked or told to dim your light? Be less you? Be someone else because maybe somebody in our life didn't understand or appreciate who we are or what we did? Well, today's guest Tara Galeano, has some experience with that and she's going to shed some light on how when we reclaim and rediscover who we are through our bodies, those thoughts and requests will be a thing of the past. 1:12 About today’s guest, Tara Galeano, and how we connected 1:38 Tara’s life before entrepreneurship and how she got to where she is today. 3:13 Where Tara got the idea of time and learned to value it. 4:48 Reclaiming and rediscovering our own power so we can express it through our businesses “The biggest block for so many women is that we reference other people as our source of power.” - Tara Galeano"There's so much inherent power within the body, that it's a wonderful vehicle and reference point for us that we don't have to think about how to do things the body just knows." - Tara GaleanoWhen we allow the wisdom of the body to come through that our lives become so much more on point. They become so much more effortless, and that there is so much more flow in the process.” - Tara Galeano6:47 Steps we can take to tune back into our bodies and then help to amplify that out into the world.7:15 An interactive experience for you and Yong’s observations from it.8:45 How often do we do this simple practice of letting ourselves feel and just letting go because it is extraordinarily hard?10:42 Overcoming resistance, especially in content creation.12:04 How to tap back into our breath when learning to trust ourselves 15:36 How to translate that feeling of being in nature into when we sit behind our computer and we want to share something with our audience and create content. 17:36 Tara’s favorite way to create content and the intentions behind her creations23:43 On cycles and sexuality24:46 “The more that we're able to claim our desire, to claim our pleasure for ourselves, we claim this vibrancy, and that we're able to access it in a way that's deep and profound and effortless, that then shines forth in all of the other aspects of our work." - Tara Galeano 27:10 Connect with Tara29:10 Come share your biggest takeaways inside the Arena of Awesome. Let Yong know if you purchase Tara’s book and want to chat more about it or want to book club it.
348. The answer to your podcasting dreams28:22Launch your very own podcast and Facebook Ads from scratch with Podcast Launchpad by Yong Pratt & Tammy Pereira.During this 2-day Live Learning Experience, you'll learn the secrets to launching your podcast FAST and build an engaged audience of listeners from the get to with Facebook Ads.It's time to stop dreaming of launching your podcast and make it a reality with the Podcast Launchpad.Save your seat for the August 24-25 Live Learning Experience at www.yongpratt.com/launchpad
347. Using Your Energy and Values to Create Content Mindfully37:100:00 Have you ever lost your uniqueness when creating content in your business? If so, you'll want to lean in and take a really good listen to today's episode, because our expert guest is going to share how she creates content mindfully in alignment with her energy and values, and how you can do the same. 1:25 About today’s guest, Marisa Raymond2:22 How Marisa found her way to becoming a playful parent coach, amongst all the other things she does.9:05 On identity and accountability 10:22 How Marisa and Yong met. Human Design and being multi-passionate12:40 Creating content mindfully and how playing around with lots of different things informs Marisa’s process.14:09 Batching content versus being spontaneous 15:03 Getting quiet and ritualizing content17:40 Making lists, having fun, and leaning into easy19:17 Allowing the space for spontaneity and being aligned in your energy21:57 The feelings and emotions behind content creation 23:45 Experimenting, being curious, and paying attention to your energy and any resistance you might encounter.29:06 Recognizing that other people experience cycles, too, and honoring how we feel31:04 Releasing blocks with EFT and how Marisa helped Yong overcome her own blocks32:59 Connect with Marisa34:15 Come share your biggest takeaways inside the Arena of Awesome------------------Introducing the Podcast LaunchpadLaunch your podcast and leverage your audio content with ads...in just 2 days inside the brand new Live Learning Experience, Podcast Launchpad with Yong Pratt and Tammy Pereira.Coming your way, August 24-25, 2021.