26. 365 - Chill Session 209:09This is the second in a series of "chill sessions". These are usually shorter than most episodes, maybe sometimes more poignant, but still encompassing the endurance lifestyle.What is perspective? As defined, perspective is the state of one's ideas, the facts known to them, etc., in having a meaningful relationship. Note: Song intro/backing/outro is a song I've written titled, Depth (Remix).
View all episodes
25. The Blame Game - Chill Session 107:14This is the first in a series of "chill sessions". These are usually shorter than most episodes, maybe sometimes more poignant, but still encompassing the endurance lifestyle.Quite honestly, human beings can be quite the selfish and self-righteous bunch. Often, we believe the world (or life) owes us something; or if something goes wrong, we look for anything or anyone to blame, before looking at ourselves.Note: Song intro/backing/outro is a song I've written titled, "Learn the Way".
24. QTR08:32I want you to get these three letters in your head: QTR. What does this seemingly random acronym even mean?Note: Song intro/backing/outro is a song I've written titled, "Summer's End".
23. Find the Melody16:49As a species, we feed off of our surroundings. The uglier, more hateful, negative, etc. they are, whether internally or externally (or both); it affects all of us. Think of it this way. If a child grows up in a home where there is only loud arguing and violent outbursts, etc.; he/she will carry this with them throughout their days (and at some point, will more than likely, act out in a similar manner). Our nurturing/surroundings create our physical, mental and spiritual being. Note: Song intro/backing/outro is a song I've written titled, "Imagine a Day".
22. The Battle of You15:09Every day throughout our decision making, interactions, etc. there are two creatures battling inside you. Since I love sharks, I’ll pick them as the allusion for this battle. You can pick whatever creature you like (cats, dogs, wolves, etc.). Who wins? That depends. Who should win? That’s a non-starter. That answer should be obvious, but is very elusive to our species more often than not. So, let’s learn and discover a little about ourselves shall we?Note: Song intro/backing/outro is a song I've written titled, "Outside Looking In".
1. No Direction09:05I approach teaching in the same manner that I conduct my training sessions for Ironman racing. I really don't have a direction. I have an end goal, but how I get there is anyone's guess:) In reality, we can plan all we want, and then . . . life lets you know that you control nothing; thereby, hold on for the ride.Note: The intro/outro/backing track is a composition of mine titled Riptide.
2. Overstimulation Theory13:07Overstimulation Theory reflects on how too much of anything is not necessarily a good thing. Just as I can become too attached to technology while training or racing, the same can be said for our children in the classroom. There's no doubt that technical advancements have numerous benefits. We just need to make sure that we don't allow technology to overshadow humanities need to truly connect, while learning to live, learn and love together.Note: The intro/outro/backing track is a composition of mine titled Propaganda.