Stay Grounded with Raj Jana
231. Justin & Leigh: The Deepest Silence You’ve Ever Known
“Tuning into silence is just taking time to listen to nothing in particular… just tuning into the simple essence of what is.”
The WHO has ranked noise pollution as only second to air pollution in its impact on human well being. Our world has become noisier and noisier. We’re constantly bombarded with stimuli and notifications competing for our attention. As a result, it’s becoming harder than ever to disconnect from external chaos and sink into the depths within.
Justin Zorn & Leigh Marz are the authors of Golden: The Power of Silence in a World of Noise. Their perspectives and work on reclaiming the presence of silence in our lives has been taught to the U.S. Congress, Harvard, and Google. Justin & Leigh are committed to empowering people to reclaim silence in their lives - so they can experience the joy of connection, rest, and deep listening.
Justin & Leigh are here to remind us that silence does exist in the world. We just have to find it, honor it, and sink into it. In turn, we’ll experience mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual health benefits.
“Silence is the prerequisite for everything we need to do.”
I love how embodied Justin & Leigh are with their message around silence. The conversation we had was so rich and mindful. Together, we unpacked the psychology and science of silence from so many different angles and perspectives.
Key takeaways include:
- Defining silence.
- Silence, noise and their relationship with productivity & GDP.
- Understanding health issues & life years lost because of auditory noise.
- Becoming aware of our internal noise.
- Differentiating between stress & aliveness.
- How to tune into silence.
- How Cyrus Habib became a connoisseur of creation.
- Seeking ‘eudaimonia’.
- Exploring the discomfort of being.
- Why Pythagoras required members of his inner circle to spend five years in silence.
- And more…
If you’re ready to allow silence to be your greatest teacher, tune into this powerful episode to learn how to embody the practice of silence. In turn, you’ll discover how to access new depths of who you are through connectedness, slowness, and pristine quite.
“All wisdom, traditions revere silence. There's old technology here to be accessed and I think that's the realm we're in.”
- Check out www.leighmarz.com
- Check out www.justinzorn.com
We thrive on your feedback, so if you’ve enjoyed this show, please rate us and leave us a review. And don’t forget to subscribe to ensure you never miss an episode again.