Yours in Marketing
Seth Avergon: How to Be a Top 1% Marketer
On this week's episode, I speak with Seth Avergon, the President at Avergon Marketing Group. His focus is on strategic marketing. We discuss how to have a top 1% marketing strategy, how psychology plays into marketing, and his time as a "fractional" CMO.
- Seth's background in psychology and shift to marketing.
- How psychology plays into marketing.
- Discussion on growth ideology vs. marketing.
- The cohesion of Sales and Marketing.
- Consulting vs. company work.
- Creating a marketing group focused on both strategy development and implementation.
- Seth's personal marketing strategy.
- Honing the skills to be a complete marketing strategist.
- The need for flexibility in marketing strategies.
- Understanding those that have a vested interest and approach to strategy.
- The importance of marketing intelligence.
- The role of "fractional" CMO and its place in the market.
- The goals of a "fractional" CMO.
- The foundational elements that go into a marketing strategy.
- What the top 1% of marketing strategies have that others don't.
- The need for "delighting" your customer.
- The game plan to learn how to become a strategic marketer.
- The top marketing minds on the planet.
- What Seth is working on right now.