Yours in Marketing
Kevin Indig: SEO in 10 Years, Creating New Career Opportunities, and G2 Crowd
In this episode of Yours in Marketing, we interview Kevin Indig, VP of SEO and Content at G2 Crowd. The discussion with Kevin Indig delves into what SEO will look like in 10 years, the growth goals at G2 Crowd, and finally learn how to create and act on new career opportunities.
- Kevin Indig shares his personal and career origin story.
- Kevin talks about going back to Germany in Hamburg for SEO and online marketing.
- What key lessons or principles did Kevin learn in Switzerland and Germany?
- What prompted Kevin Indig to move to Silicon Valley?
- What are the differences between Germany and the United States?
- What was Kevin’s first exposure to SEO and his thoughts?
- Was there a favorite black hat technique that Kevin had?
- Were there any Google updates that hit Kevin’s clients really hard?
- What are the different SEO approaches for start-ups and big companies?
- Which companies have really leveraged content marketing well?
- What is his main prediction for CEO in the next 10 years?
- Why did Kevin Indig decide to go to G2 Crowd?
- Which types of businesses should avoid directories like G2?
- Which company out of Amazon, Apple, Google, and Facebook is most likely to be gone in the future?
- When Kevin thinks of “successful,” who comes to mind?
- What does he believe that others might think is crazy?
- What is a common misconception about him?
- Does he have a deep regret?
- What is his favorite book recently?
- What genre and actor would be best for a movie about Kevin Indig?
- What is Kevin working on and what is important to him right now?
3 Key Points:
- Learn from your own experiences and be a practitioner in your profession
- Make search engine optimization a priority in your business as early as possible
- Selling ads to websites is a business model that Kevin Indig sees as dying