The New Story Is with Dave Ursillo
Big Change, One Degree at a Time with Coby Kozlowski
Coby Kozlowski reads from her book, The author's book, One Degree Revolution: How the Wisdom of Yoga Inspires Small Shifts That Lead to Big Changes.
The New Story Is was originally called Written, Spoken with Dave Ursillo, a podcast in which the written word came to life as the spoken word through the voices of the writers who wrote them.
Created and hosted by writer, author, and teacher of creative self-expression Dave Ursillo (DaveUrsillo.com, TheNewStory.Is), Written, Spoken was a creative experiment that blended mixed mediums to explore a new way of connecting with audiences.
The show's first two seasons remained archived and available for your listening enjoyment.
Season 2, Episode 5 of 'Written, Spoken' discusses Coby's definition of yoga, which defies notions of stretchy pants, sweaty workout rooms, and downward-facing dogs. Instead, Coby introduces us to a personal philosophy for engaging with and living your life in stronger integrity to your own sense of inner wisdom.
Coby is a speaker, life coach trainer, and contemporary yoga and meditation educator. She has appeared on the covers of Yoga Journal and Mantra Wellness Magazine and was named “one of seven yoga teachers who have changed the practice.” She is a senior faculty member and presenter at Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health and the Esalen Institute. She received her master’s degree in transformative leadership.
Coby and I discuss her yoga teaching career, how a life-changing injury redefined her understanding of yoga in her 20s, and much more:
- What are "crimes committed against wisdom" and how do we stop making them?
- How do we navigate matters of control and uncertainty during the age of COVID-19?
- Why did you consider omitting the word "yoga" from your book, altogether?
Subscribe now to our new show, The New Story Is, to join Dave on a journey that explores the shared stories and myths that shape our perceptions of life in our world today, including interviews and analysis from special guest interviewees who are championing the new stories of our time, for the good.
- Visit Coby's online home at CobyK.com
- Coby's online training, Quarter-Life Calling™: Creating an Extraordinary Life In Your 20’s
- Learn more about Dave at DaveUrsillo.com or follow Dave on Instagram
- Get coaching and consulting support from Dave and his company, The New Story Company
- Visit our podcast page at TheNewStory.Is/Podcast, where you can leave feedback and nominate a guest for our series
- The new theme song for The New Story Is is by Yrii Semchyshyn of Coma Media