World's Greatest Con
An Update On Project Alpha and Your Emails
Season 3, Ep. 6
Sometimes when you tell a story, you change it. We have an update on one of the central figures in Project Alpha. Brian Brushwood reads your emails and feedback including questions about James Randi and a moment when William Shatner blessed the podcast with an epic rendition of our title.
World's Greatest Con Feature Trailer07:16Feature Trailer - Brian Brushwood is on a quest to find the World's Greatest Con.
1. 0101: How To Fool Hitler37:390101: How To Fool Hitler - The Allies have an audacious plan to win WW2. Drop a body with misinformation to hoax Hitler into believing they'll attack the wrong place. The only problem? They have to approve it first. Support the show directly by buying actual spy gear at con.scamstuff.com
2. 0102: When Is The Perfect Story Too Perfect?41:210102: When is the perfect story too perfect? - The Twenty Committee have the go ahead to fool Hitler with the most audacious Trojan Horse in history. Can they help themselves from over writing it into a bad soap opera? "Still Alive" piano cover played by Claire Waluch. Find her at Readyclaireone on YouTube. Video game checkpoint theme is "Cascade" by Kubbi.
3. 0103: In The Flesh46:370103: In The Flesh - The Twenty Committee wrote a story that could fool Hitler. Now they just need to make it real. Brian explores the disgusting gulf between the fantasy of a fake solider and the reality of a discarded corpse.
4. 0104: The Moment Of Surrender51:440104: The Moment Of Surrender - Every con has a moment of surrender, when you've done all the work and now the mark needs to fool themselves. Our heroes haves surrendered, will Hitler do his part and fall for the what is quite possibly the world's greatest con?
5. 0105: Operation Mincemeat Questions31:440105: Operation Mincemeat Questions - Brian answers questions about the debut season of World's Greatest Con. Patreon.com/GreatestCon
1. 0201: Twenty One and the 1950s Quiz Show Scandals01:15:31A producer decides to juice his quiz show by feeding answers to contestants. The attention makes them rich and famous but the revelation of the scheme extracts a terrible societal cost from everyone who took the bargain. "...Baby One More Time" Piano Cover: Björn Gottschall http://www.bjoerngottschall.com Ad Free Episodes: Patreon.com/GreatestCon Support The Show: http://betterhelp.com/WGC http://ExpressVPN.com/WGC http://Blinkist.com/WGC
2. 0202: Michael Larson broke Press Your Luck49:59The largest single-day haul in game show history. An Ohio conman exploits Press Your Luck so cleanly they're forced to admit it and hand him the cash. That's only the beginning of his strange, sad story. Ad Free Episodes: Patreon.com/GreatestCon Support The Show: http://betterhelp.com/WGC http://geologie.com/greatestcon
3. 0203: Charles Ingram and the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire scandal01:04:54A ranking member of the military finds himself in the center of pop culture, the hot seat on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire in 2001. After an embarrassing first day, he goes on an unlikely run to riches. A turnaround so unlikely he is accused of cheating with quite possibly the dumbest plan in deception history. Ad Free Episodes: Patreon.com/GreatestCon Support The Show: http://geologie.com/greatestcon http://AdamandEve.com Code: CON http://Blinkist.com/WGC