The Profitable Table Fed by Woolco Foods
Interview with hospitality industry and business advisor, Donald Valane, C.P.A., partner at Volk and Valane
In this episode, Steven and Donald Valane, C.P.A, breakdown the new loans, grants, tax incentives and other programs made available in the recent relief law. This is an informative and important episode designed to give you an overview of the newly available Federal programs, and how they may be especially impactful for the hospitality industry.
View all episodes
9. Interview with Elite Business Coach, and Vistage Chair, Margaret Morrison, M.B.A.41:42Striving to improve your leadership skills is the first step in becoming an effective leader. Host Steven Toboroff, CEO of Woolco Foods, and Margaret Morrison, CEO and Executive Coach, and Vistage Chair, discuss ways to inspire and motivate a team through honest conversations and displaying the qualities you want to see in your employees. Listen now to the latest episode of The Profitable Table!
8. Keys to Being Successful in the Hospitality Industry27:25In this new episode of The Profitable Table, Steven Toboroff, CEO of Woolco Foods, highlights critical components to focus on for sustainable success. It's about creating a memorable experience that can withstand challenges and changes in the hospitality space. Listen now for practical steps and insights on how to incorporate positive energy and creativity into any business going forward.
7. Boosting Revenue with Private Events in the Hospitality Industry28:02Making private events profitable is imperative for any business in the hospitality industry. Host Steven Toboroff, CEO of Woolco Foods, discusses with Paul Gallen, the President of The Pier Sixty Collection at Chelsea Piers, the importance of customer retention through communication, attentiveness, and loyalty with each event. Listen now to the latest episode of The Profitable Table!
6. Interview with Julie Forbes, Youth Advocate for the Juvenile Detention Facility of the Green Hill Academic School35:11Listen to the latest episode of The Profitable Table with Steven Toboroff, CEO of Woolco Foods, as he branches out and discovers more inspiration and leadership outside the hospitality industry. Meet Julie Forbes, a youth advocate within the juvenile detention facility of Green Hill Academic School in Washington who runs a library not just providing free books, but a safe place they feel self-worth and value.
5. Capitalizing on Current Trends in the NYC Hospitality Industry25:42Whether you’re running a restaurant in NYC or any other location, remembering to stay authentic will go a long way in the hospitality industry. Play on your strengths through lifestyle imagery of your menu items and establishment, and make your website more engaging with lead forms through promotions and reservation options. Listen now!
4. How Your Business Can Navigate through Inflation31:04In this new episode, Steven Toboroff, CEO of Woolco Foods, discusses what inflation is and its overall effects from a grand perspective, trickling down to the hospitality industry. Current trends of rising inflation are highly impacting the restaurant business from top to bottom. Learn how restaurant owners can navigate through this challenging time by analyzing your demographics, knowing your customer, and full transparency are key in quantifying where to implement those price increases relative to the market, so you remain loyal to your customer and your brand. Listen Now!
3. Interview with Molly Carew, General Manager of Tea & Sympathy24:40In this new episode of The Profitable Table, Steven looks into the past, present and future of this unique restaurant and shop providing British comfort food and groceries since 1990 in the Greenwich Village. Let’s take a trip and explore the authenticity of @teaandsympathynyc through their imported products from England and Ireland—creating a true authentic experience for their customers. Listen Now!
2. Interview with Manny Colon of Manny’s Bistro in Lincoln Square, NYC30:57In this new episode of The Profitable Table, Manny Colon discusses how he took over a long-time French restaurant during the pandemic, and transitioned from manager to now owner of Manny’s Bistro. Through loyalty, dedication, and passion—he’s already changed the path of the restaurant that previously lost its way. Learn more about taking over a restaurant, and never compromising on quality service and food.
1. Kicking Off the New Year with New Business Goals29:09In this new episode of The Profitable Table, Steven Toboroff, CEO of Woolco Foods, shares his thoughts on the new year and setting goals for yourself and for your business. Whether you’re focusing on revenue, profitability, or even personal missions—understanding the importance of writing them down, believing in them, and taking the right steps will ultimately help you achieve your goals.