What's My Story
Lisa Braithwaite - Presenting For Humans
What's the scariest thing that's ever happened to you? Who are the scariest people to you? What if I told you that the scariest experience in the WORLD is speaking to a bunch of teenagers? Well, let's talk about that. Let's go!What's In Store For You
Lisa Braithwaite is a public speaking coach and consultant who help purpose-driven business and nonprofit leaders build visibility, credibility, and awareness for their work. She is the author of Presenting for Humans: Insights for Speakers on Ditching Perfection and Creating Connection. She is an advocate and educator in the nonprofit sector.
- [07:31] Lisa shares her first experience speaking to a 'scary' crowd.
- [15:27] What was Lisa's motivation to writing a book about ditching perfection?
- [20:08] Lisa gives an insight on the biggest thing that prevents people from becoming great public speakers.
- [23:57] What lessons did Lisa learn from speaking with teenagers that is useful in her coaching with adults?
The experiences in your life happen for a reason and one of the big reasons is to create change in the lives of others.
The more that you share your story, the more that you share your experience, the more that you embrace authenticity and the full version of you, the more that you're going to be able to make an impact and a difference in the lives of others.
Everything that happens to you in life is your stuff. Your stuff is your story and your story deserves a stage.RESOURCES
- Text 410-936-4049 and be a part of Robert's community.
- Monday Morning Get Up every Mondays at 8:30AM Eastern Time - join me and be energized!
- Storytellers Growth Lab - get guidance about how you can CONFIDENTLY CONNECT, PRESENT POWERFULLY & ENGAGE EFFECTIVELY!
- WMS Podcast Audio - www.whatsmystorypodcast.live
- Lisa's Book - www.CoachLisaB.com/pfh