Special Episode! Venture Lab 2021 Startup Challenge
Venture Lab is hosting their 2021 Startup Challenge, sponsored by Eric Aroesty, on Friday, April 30th and Karl interviews five semi-finalists from challenge in this hour long special episode!
- Nouri -- For expecting families with pregnancy challenges (e.g. conceiving, symptoms, recovery), Nouri provides an Eastern food therapy meets Western nutrition meal plan to help moms feel better at each stage. While meal plans are our first product, we plan to expand on our Eastern therapy philosophy to become the holistic health “one-stop-shop” for life’s most critical stages. Irene Liu, WG22 & Jennifer Doro
- Xoma -- the first social impact distilled pulque agave brand to enter the US marketplace. It is the smoother tasting, more sophisticated cousin of mezcal and tequila that’s sustainable and generates social impact. Anthony Morano, G21, WG21 Iacopo Santini, W15, G21, WG21
- Fulton (formally known as Atlas) -- a brand that is modernizing arch support, and is starting by developing an orthopedic insole that is comfortable, supportive, and custom-tailored to the individual wearer. Fulton aims to build a relatable brand that connects with consumers and educates them on the relationship between arch support and overall wellness. Libie Motchan, WG21 Daniel Nelson, WG21
- 3Cor Bio has developed a low-cost, rapid, and highly accurate diagnostic platform targeting multiple infectious diseases. The COVID-19 pandemic has shown the urgent need for a device that can offer accurate, inexpensive, and rapid diagnosis. Our platform provides a COVID diagnosis within 4 minutes with 97% accuracy for $4.67 per test. Ranjan Pati, C21, W21
- Altrui Rx is a non-profit venture that facilitates the redistribution of unused short-dated medications to those in need by acting as a conduit between pharmaceutical manufacturers and charitable organizations. We work with our partners to facilitate the distribution of essential medications to victims in disaster areas, uninsured patients in the US, and underserved communities across the world. Within just a few months, Altrui Rx has facilitated the redirection of over 45 million units of medications—worth over $19 million—to patients in need. Sourish Jasti W24; Justin Zhang, ENG’24; Joe Kakkis, C’21; Shreya Kavuru; Rahul Kavuru
Zwift- More than just a cycling community
Eric Min, CEO of Zwift shares his story with Rob about how he and his team transitioned traditional outdoor cycling to the convenience of ones home. Soon after, the concept expanded and led to a vast social community of Zwifters cycling together from all around the world.
Medicine in a bottle? It's GT Dave's Kombucha
CEO and Founder, GT Dave of GT Dave's Kombucha shares the story of this medicinal beverage, full of natural health benefits and the path that lead to "Living Foods."
Bonus Episode! "Winning in China"
Bonus Episode! Karl Ulrich on Wharton Business DailyKarl Ulrich, Wharton Vice Dean of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, joined Wharton Business Daily host Dan Loney to discuss his new book, Winning in China: 8 Stories of Success and Failure in the World's Largest Economy.