War On Cancer podcast
11. Tik Toker & AYA Olivia Bunya: when life starts with cancer
In episode 5 of War On Cancer podcast season 2, 20-year-old Olivia Bunya, living in Colorado, meets with War On Cancer co-founders Sebastian Hermelin and Fabian Bolin to talk about what it is like when life starts with cancer. Olivia Bunya, the creator behind one of the largest Tik Tok accounts (@oliviabunyaaaa) talking about life during and after cancer, is a youth cancer patient, diagnosed with cancer in 2019. Listen in on an honest conversation uncovering the financial distress of going through cancer, what cancer can teach us and how to cope with cancer as an AYA (adolescent and young adult cancer patient) Today, a year after cancer, Olivia plans on going to school this coming semester in hopes to eventually becoming a graphic designer and is excited to live her best life! Connect with Olivia in the War On Cancer app (@Oliviabunya)
View all episodes
6. 12. Culture differences and cancer43:48In episode 6, the final episode of the War On Cancer podcast season 2, Leanne Pero, a multi-award winning author, mentor, philanthropist and breast cancer survivor meets with War On Cancer app co-founders Fabian Bolin and Sebastian Hermelin. Listen in on an honest conversation about cultural differences and discrimination when dealing with cancer. Read more on waroncancer.com. From all of us at War On Cancer we wish you a Merry Christmas, a good holiday, and whenever needed - find us in the War On Cancer app!
4. 10. The future of cancer healthcare36:34In episode 4, of War On Cancer podcast season 2, Tara Donnelly Chief Digital Officer at NHSX, meets with War On Cancer app co-founders Fabian and Sebastian and discusses the future of cancer healthcare. Tara Donnelly leads the digital transformation of the NHS (UK's National Health Service) and social care and exists to give patients and staff the technology they need. She leads the team focused on scaling digital health innovations to benefit citizens and staff, working with partners across health and social care. Listen in on an inspiring conversation about how the NHS managed to cope with the global pandemic and learn more about what the future of cancer health care looks like? Listen in on a conversation that will give you an in on where the future of cancer healthcare is heading. Read more on waroncancer.com and download the War On Cancer app to join the conversation.
3. 9. Exercise during and after cancer treatment37:30In episode 3, of War On Cancer podcast season 2, Fitz Kohler guides War On Cancer app co-founders Fabian and Sebastian on the topic of exercise, during and after cancer treatment.Fitz Koehler, M.S.E.S.S. is one of the most prominent and compelling fitness experts and race announcers in America. As the voice of the Los Angeles Marathon, Philadelphia Marathon, Big Sur Marathon, DC Wonder Woman Run Series, and more, she brings big structure, energy, and joy to sport. She’s passionate about guiding others to live better and longer through her company, Fitzness®. Listen in on a conversation that will leave you motivated to exercise during and after the cancer experience. Read more on waroncancer.com and download the War On Cancer app to join the conversation.
2. 8. What to eat during and after cancer treatment?38:01In episode 2, of War On Cancer podcast season 2, Dr David Heber, MD, PhD, FACP, FASN, Professor Emeritus of Medicine and Public Health and Founding Director of UCLA Centre for Human Nutrition - a wise man has many titles - guides War On Cancer app co-founders Fabian and Sebastian on the topic of diet and nutrition during and after cancer treatment. Dr Heber has published over 250 peer reviewed articles and written 4 books on the topic of diet and nutrition and is definitely the right person to help us debunk some much needed food myths!What’s the difference between diet and nutrition? What is precision nutrition? How should we eat during and after cancer treatment? How to avoid developing orthorexia and what about Ketogenic diets when going through cancer? Listen in on a conversation that will leave you well-equipped to tackle diet and nutrition during the cancer experience. Read more on waroncancer.com and download the War On Cancer app to join the conversation.
1. 7. Coping with cancer and fighting masculinity norms54:50The War On Cancer podcast, hosted by War On Cancer app Co-founders, Fabian Bolin and Sebastian Hermelin, is back with its second season. In the first episode, we meet Dr Martin Inderbitzen and cover what it's like coping with cancer and fighting masculinity norms. Fabian, Sebastian and Martin address why it's usually harder for men to speak and openly talk about their cancer diagnosis and why we need to challenge dated masculinity norms that harm our mental health.Dr Martin Inderbitzen studied Neurobiology at the ETH Zürich and did his PhD in Neuroscience at the University Pompeu Fabra on the topic of stress, emotions, and mindset. He also studied film production at Blake College London and worked as a digital content creator for several years. In 2012, he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Based on this personal experience, he founded My Survival Story, a digital storytelling initiative to support patients and relatives to cope better with their disease. He is a TEDx speaker and gives keynotes and workshops around the world on the topic of mindset and stress coping. Read more on waroncancer.com
6. 6. Cancer relapses, chemo brain & being a young cancer thriver55:39In episode 6, the final episode of season 1, the War On Cancer app founders Fabian and Sebastian meet with UK-based young adult cancer thriver Georgie Swallow. Georgie was only 26-years-old when she was diagnosed with stage 4 Hodgkin Lymphoma. In the final episode we’ll get to know Georgie and how she dealt with grieving parents, losing friends and gaining new ones due to cancer, experiencing cancer relapse, scanxiety, chemo brain and ultimately how to turn around going through cancer as a young adult into something that you use as a platform to grow from. And, what is it actually like to be forced into joining a (cancer) club that no one even wishes to join?
5. 5. Announcing Health Studies: Be part of the change41:52It's five years since Fabian was diagnosed with leukaemia, blood cancer. A diagnosis which led him and his best friend Sebastian to create the War On Cancer app - a global social network for everyone affected by cancer. Now, 5 years since diagnosis, Fabian, Sebastian and the War On Cancer team are very excited to announce that a new feature in the War On Cancer app will soon be released - Health Studies. The feature will enable us, members on the app, to voice our opinions and be part of the change. How? Listen in on episode 5 where we meet Dr Lisen Arnheim Dahlström, Head of Health Studies and Real World Evidence at War On Cancer, as she explains how anyone affected by cancer soon will be able to help improve the future of cancer research and cancer care. In the episode we will as well learn more about Patient (Self) Reported Data, Patient Centric Care, Clinical Trials and Cancer Research.
4. 4. Food & nutrition, during and after cancer treatment53:34Does sugar feed cancer and should you 'eat whatever you want' during and after cancer treatment? In episode 4 the War On Cancer app co-founders, Fabian and Sebastian, speak with Melissa Mogor - Public Health Advisor at World Cancer Research Fund UK and debunks diet and nutrition myths. Ultimately answering the questions Fabian himself had when he was diagnosed with leukaemia soon the be 5 years ago. World Cancer Research Fund is a UK-based International not-for-profit association and a leading authority on cancer prevention research related to diet, weight and physical activity.