Urbanistica - Cities for People
291. Active mobility - Lior Steinberg
Lior Steinberg (Urban Planner & Co-Founder Humankind | Rotterdam | Netherlands)
Lior Steinberg is an urban planner and co-founder of Humankind, a multidisciplinary collective accelerating the transition towards urban happiness for all. He helps cities to look beyond functionality and to plan urban spaces that make people smile. All the projects Lior participates in have one thing in common: they create people-oriented cities. Being a Jane Jacobs’ enthusiast and a fan of great public spaces, he is keen on making cities better with an emphasis on local, innovative interventions and on including residents in urban planning.
Links to projects we talked about:
- humankind.city/car https://urbanmobilitycourses.eu/courses/designing-the-cycling-city/
- The car that wanted to be a bike book https://www.humankind.city/car
- Quantifying Urban Greenness https://www.humankind.city/project/Quantifying-Urban-Greenness-
In collaboration with
-H22 City Expo at Helsingborg. The Making of a Smarter City.
-Urban Future Global Conference
- AFRY. AFRY is an international engineering and design company providing sustainable solutions in the fields of energy, industry, and infrastructure.
Enjoy your listening. Let's connect and talk further about this episode
Keep Up the Good Work. Keep Loving Cities❤️️.
Follow Urbanistica and let's get in touch: