Unsolved Mysteries of the World


Bigfoot 911

Season 5, Ep. 11

Jerry Cline had parked his home made camper near a corn field in Knox County, Ohio and prepared a campfire to relax with his dog Bug, and have a few beers and enjoy the evening. He put out the fire, returned to his camper and crashed on the bed.

Suddenly, his trailer began rocking back and forth so much so that Jerry, alone and afraid in the dark called 9-11.

This is Unsolved Mysteries of the World Season 5 Episode 11 Bigfoot 911.

Before we get into Jerry's story, it is noted by skeptics that Jerry had about six beers that night and that he was drunk as noted in his slurred speech. But, according to his medical records, Jerry had suffered a stroke previously causing his slurred speech and together with a few beers, being awoke in the middle of the night, half asleep and scared, his speech is sometimes is hard to understand. We will play the entire 9-11, but please note, in some parts it is hard to understand.

Here is Jerry Cline to tell us his experience with what he believes was a Bigfoot creature:

Jerry Cline sold the trailer and has since been back to the location to see if he can find any more evidence. Before this encounter he was interested in Bigfoot and stories about crytids, but today he is almost devoting his life in finding evidence that Bigfoot is real and that his encounter was truthful.

Jerry Cline isn't the only person who has called 9-11 because they believed Bigfoot was near.

In 1990, a caller frantically tried to get assistance in the Kitsap Peninsula in Washington State.

In September of 2015, a caller placed a 9-11 call to Bedford County Virginia dispatch claiming she just something out of the ordinary two days earlier and wanted to make a record of it.

"I know this is going to sound crazy," the woman started the conversation to the dispatcher.

The woman explained to the dispatcher she was driving up Route 43, toward the Peaks of Otter, around 11:40p.m. on September 9. She said her headlights hit something strange past Turkey Mountain Road, just before the first bridge.

"I know this is going to sound crazy,” she said again. “but I went back and checked and there were prints, a Bigfoot with a baby."

Astonished the dispatcher asked "There were what?"

"It was a Bigfoot with a baby." she said confidently.

After assuring the dispatcher she hadn't been drinking, the woman offered no explanation why she waited two days to call 9-11 but she says she went back in daylight to see if there was any evidence.

"I did see some footprints and the stride was longer than anything I could make." she told the dispatcher.

The woman said the creature's footprint was bigger than her two feet together, end to end. She wears a size 8 shoe. She said the creature was holding its baby the way a human would.

"The baby was looking right at me."

Deputies were called to the investigate the site but found no evidence of any animal tracks.

In 2009 a homeless couple called 9-11 to report a Bigfoot sighting in San Antonio Texas. Here is the recording:

So what are we to make of these 9-11 Calls? Dispatchers get all sorts of people calling 9-11 from McDonald's not serving Breakfast at the right time, or to call 911 because they believed the sunset was a forest fire. People are sometimes irrational, call for non-emergencies, or sometimes are just plain delusional. Bigfoot calls, however, surprisingly rare. Jerry Cline seems to have been geniounly scared by whatever was shaking his trailer, and the Washington bigfoot caller sounds rational and legit. Even the homeless couple seem rational and honest in reporting what they saw. It appears as if something did happen to all of them and they all witnessed something strange. For the most part no further evidence is presented and the callers wish to remain anonymous adding more mystery to the already cryptid subject of Bigfoot.

More Episodes


The Haunted Old Idaho State Penitentiary Part Three

Season 6, Ep. 15
Welcome to Unsolved Mysteries of the World Season 6 Episode 15, The Old Idaho Penitentiary Part IIIIn the 1940s and 1950s the Idaho Penitentiary again was suffering from overcrowding and a new cell house was constructed. Cell Block #5 held the worst of the worst with maximum security cells, a death row, its very own indoor gallows and drop house.This housing unit is rumoured to be the most haunted of all the buildings on the property, even though, only one official hanging took place within. It was also that last State sanctioned execution in Idaho taking the life of Prisoner # 9509 Raymond Allen Snowden in the most unethical way.On the evening of September 23rd, 1956 Cora Lucille Dean drove to the Hi-Ho Club in Garden City, where she intended to have a few drinks and play the slot machines. Here she met a young man named Raymond Snowden who she found no only attractive, but fun to be around. When the two had a few drinks, Snowden wanted to take things a bit further and pressured Cora. When his advances were denied he threatened Cora in a frightening manner asking her to choose between rape and death. Cora obviously taken aback chose neither and that made Snowden angry who produced a pocket knife and stabbed Cora 29 times.The body, which was found the next morning by a paper boy, was viciously and sadistically cut and mutilated. An autopsy surgeon testified the voice box had been cut, and that this would have prevented the victim from making any intelligible outcry. There were other wounds inflicted while she was still alive — one in her neck, one in her abdomen, two in the face, and two on the back of the neck. The second neck wound severed the spinal cord and caused death. There were other wounds all over her body, and her clothing had been cut away. The nipple of the right breast was missing. There was no evidence of a sexual attack on the victim; however, some of the lacerations were around the breasts and vagina of the deceased.Snowden took the dead woman's wallet hailed a passing motorist and rode back to Boise. There he went to a bowling alley and changed clothes. He dropped his knife into a sewer at a Cigar Shop and threw the wallet away. Then he went to his hotel and cleaned up again. He put the clothes he had worn that evening into a trash barrel outside the hotel.Police narrowed in on Snowden almost immediately as eye-witnesses pointed out that Snowden had left with Cora that evening from the Hi-Ho Club. Police also, remember Snowden from a previous encounter as to which he boasted he was going to sever the spinal cord of his then girlfriend because she was irritating him.They found the weapon, the same one they remember him previously threatening with, still covered in blood in a sewer grate near Hannifin's Cigar Shop. Another eye-witness placed Snowden there and that was enough for an arrest to be made.During the trial it was brought to the attention of the media that Snowden had boasted of two other murders, but they were never confirmed. A detective magazine at the time dubbed Snowden, "Idaho's Jack the Ripper" in view of the viciousness of the crime.Snowden was found guilty and sentenced to death. He took up residence in Death Row with his door in view of the indoor gallows to which he would make his way to on October 18th, 1957.At 12:05 he was brought into the gallows room and met with the Chaplain. The noose was placed around his neck and the witnesses in the viewing room got their first look at Snowden. The door sprung just 45 seconds later. Down went Snowden and the crowd gasped. It seems the Warden and those responsible for carrying out the deed did not measure Snowden's height or weight, and s such the counter-weight was not calculated correctly. Snowden fell, but he did not break his neck instantly. Instead, in the catch room, he struggled and swung about for 15 minutes until he finally died. Some say it was an oversight, while others believed the authorities did this on purpose to make Snowden's death one of suffering.Snowden's hanging was the last of a total of ten men to occur at the prison and his body was buried in an unmarked grave on prison property. Some believe that Snowden haunts his Cell, Cell Block #5 and the hanging room. But Snowden may not be the only soul still doing time at the Pen. There are a total of 129 recorded deaths within the walls.Due to overcrowding and the treatment of prisoners serious riots occurred in 1952 and again in 1971. The 1973 riots proved to be the end of the Old Idaho Penitentiary as riots burned down several buildings and damaged others beyond repair. The 416 resident inmates were moved to the new Idaho State Correctional Institution south of Boise and the Old Idaho Penitentiary was closed on December 3, 1973, never to see another living soul imprisoned behind its stone walls.If you are interested in the Old Idaho State Penitentiary you can visit them daily where tours are conducted by volunteer staff. Special events around Halloween turn the prison into one goulish haunted attraction. More recently, the Pen has been giving Paranormal Investigation Tours.Special thanks to all those volunteering to keep such a historic gem alive. Thank you to the Idaho State Historical Society for their excellent resources and dedication. We will attach a bonus episode that was produced by the staff of the Idaho State Pen with funding from the Idaho State Historical Society.It focuses in on the prison's only double hanging. If you like what you hear, head over to their youtube page to see additional videos.We will leave you now with the words and memories of prisoners and staff from the Old Idaho State Penitentiary.Until Next Time.....Be good.