John Edmonds Kozma's Unimpressed Podcast
153. Jewel Thief Larry Lawton | How a Gangster Got Redemption39:35Lawrence Robert Lawton is an ex-convict, author, paralegal, motivational speaker, and YouTuber from the United States. He was known for committing a series of jewelry store robberies along the Atlantic Seaboard before he was caught in 1996. Today, Larry Lawton is involved in various activities that help law enforcement agencies, courts, businesses, and families. His program is nationally recognized and offers a range of services, including supporting law enforcement, providing analysis on national TV, delivering motivational and keynote speeches, offering advice on preventing jewelry robberies, consulting on issues related to teenagers and young adults, and serving as an expert witness in sentencing cases. Moreover, he advocates for prison and jail reform.
152. Cosmopolitan Tarot Columnist Kerry Ward | How to Read Tarot Cards38:44Kerry Ward is the first resident tarot columnist and writer for Cosmopolitan in the US and UK. She also delivers her unique blend of tarot and astrology to Metro, The Sun, and other titles upon commission. Kerry has been reading, teaching, and creating tarot for over 25 years.Her first tarot deck, "The Good Karma Tarot," launched in Spring 2021, is a popular choice for beginners and those seeking positive messages. It reached no.2 in "spirituality for young adults" and no.6 for "tarot" on Amazon. It has been a surprising success, with Oprah Daily and Cosmopolitan featuring it as the "best deck" for those new to tarot.Her second deck, "The Crystal Magic Tarot," co-created with Clare Gregory, pairs every tarot card with a crystal, intention, and affirmation, making it a manifesting tool. It is a design to predict your future!Kerry's first book, "Power, Purpose, Practice," launched in September 2023, uses tarot, astrology, and numerology to explore and detail your cosmic powers, destiny, and life path. It also provides tailored practices to help amplify and ignite those powers. All you need to bring is your date of birth! Kerry has a long pipeline of further decks, books, and oracles stretching into 2025.She is proactive, personable, and fast, writing about tarot cards, tarot readings, fortune-telling, astrology, weekly and monthly tarot forecasts, crystals, witchcraft, and all manner of esoteric topics.Kerry also runs a tarot club and has created a workshop she enjoyed presenting in Ibiza at Hotel Riomar this Summer. She is a strong presenter, having been a lecturer and commercial insight manager.
151. Transformational Teacher Marie Diamond | How to Feng Shui Your Life41:51Marie Diamond is a renowned Transformational Leader, Speaker, and Author, featured in the worldwide phenomenon “The Secret” and several other motivational documentaries and TV shows on several continents. She uses her knowledge of Energy, Quantum physics, the Law of Attraction, and ancient Wisdom such as Meditation, Feng Shui, and Dowsing to support individuals, organizations, and corporations to transform their success, financial situation, relationships, motivation, and inspiration.She has created the following Energy Systems: Inner Diamond Meditation, Diamond Feng Shui, and Diamond Dowsing, reaching over 100,000 students in 190 countries. She has established several Marie Diamond Transformation Schools in the USA, Central Europe, Israel, Russian-speaking countries, and in Latin America (Mexico City) that share her work and train consultants and teachers in these Energy Systems.Marie Diamond's clients include billionaires, multi-millionaires, A-list celebrities in film and music (like Steven Spielberg, Rolling Stones, Paula Abdul, Dan Aykroyd), top-selling writers (like Rhonda Byrne, Jack Canfield, Bob Proctor, John Gray, Marianne Williamson), top athletes and sportsmen in Basketball, Soccer, Motorsport, Golf, leaders from Fortune 500 companies (like BPAmoco, Exxon Mobil), top global MLM companies (like Lyoness, WorldVentures, Nikken, Herbalife), and governmental leaders and organizations (like in Belgium, Kazakhstan, Russia, Iceland, USA, Canada, Mexico).She is a founding member of the only Global Transformational Leadership Council, bringing together the top 100 Transformational Trainers, Speakers, and Authors for the last ten years. She also founded and presided over the European Council for Transformational Leaders. She is known for her passion to help create Transformational leaders worldwide and is the Executive mentor and Energy Advisor.Marie Diamond is an internationally acclaimed author, teacher, consultant, and motivational speaker who brings her wisdom and counsel to a broad audience through her seminars, personal appearances on TV and radio, Tele-classes, coaching, (E) books, online courses, home study courses, and other products. Born in Belgium and after living in California in the United States, she is now residing at the French Riviera near Monaco. She travels extensively between several continents to connect with her students and clients in more than 200 countries.Before shifting her focus to Personal development and the Human Potential movement, Marie Diamond was a successful European corporate lawyer. She has established a world-class reputation for transforming businesses and entrepreneurs, their branding and marketing with her unique expertise and skills. In Diamond Leadership Trainings, she supports you in expanding your brand and your impact while increasing your multiple income streams.Marie Diamond has consulted with her Energetic Branding Top managers, CEOs, Politicians, Celebrities, Authors, Speakers, and Sportsmen to expand their branding and message in the Global marketplace.Marie Diamond has been happily married for over 25 years and is a mother of 3 wonderful children.
150. Charles Busch | How to Be a Successful Entertainer in the LGBTQ+ Community28:19Charles Busch is a multi-talented entertainer known for his work as a playwright, actor, director, novelist, cabaret performer, and drag icon. He has written and starred in over 25 plays, including Off-Broadway's longest-running play, Vampire Lesbians of Sodom. His Broadway hit, The Tale of the Allergist's Wife, won the Outer Circle Critics' John L. Gassner Award for playwrighting, received a Tony nomination for Best Play, and ran for 777 performances. Busch has also acted in films and TV shows, such as HBO's OZ, and directed two films, including one that won an honorable mention at the Tribeca Film Festival. He is a guest programmer and lecturer at many colleges and universities, including NYU, Harvard, UCLA, and Amherst College. He has also won two MAC awards for his cabaret performances and toured his act in many cities worldwide. In recognition of his outstanding career, Busch has received a special Drama Desk Award and a star on the Playwrights Walk outside the Lucille Lortel Theatre. He is also the subject of the acclaimed documentary film The Lady in Question by Charles Busch. Busch's first CD, Charles Busch Live at Feinstein's 54 Below, was released by Broadway Records.
149. Author Ronald Olivier | How I Survived Angola Prison34:40In one of America's most notorious prisons, a young man sentenced to life without parole miraculously found faith, forgiveness, redemption, and restoration. In 27 Summers, Ronald Olivier shares his dramatic and powerful story and offers proof that God can bring healing and hope to even the darkest circumstances.As a teenager, Ronald Olivier ran wild in the streets of New Orleans, selling drugs, stealing cars, and finally killing someone on what was supposed to be the happiest day of the year—Christmas Day. Facing the consequences of his crime, he remembered what his mother once said. "Baby, if you ever have real trouble, the kind that I can't get you out of, you can always call on Jesus." So he did.Ron was sentenced to life in prison without parole. Through the agony of solitary confinement and multiple transfers into increasingly dangerous prison environments, Ron kept seeking God for healing and hope. Finally, after being locked up for twenty-seven summers at the notorious Louisiana State Penitentiary—known as Angola—Ron was miraculously released. Remarkably, he became the director of chaplains at Mississippi State Penitentiary. Today, Ron loves to combat hopelessness, wherever he finds it, by saying, "Don't tell me what God can't do!”
148. Author Rosa Miller | How I Escaped the Darkness of an Abusive Amish Childhood33:17Although she appreciates many aspects of the culture she was raised in, the abuse she suffered at the hands of her brother and the lack of support she received from the rest of her family ultimately led her down a different path that would be characterized by light instead of the darkness that had shrouded her all her life.My Path to Light: How I Escaped the Darkness of an Abusive Amish Childhood paints a comprehensive picture of what it means to be Amish and how her experience was unique, but not for the better. With gut-wrenching honesty and earnest introspection, Rosa Miller opens up about the highs and lows of her upbringing, her internal struggle over conflicting beliefs, and how she drew the courage to leave her family behind in pursuit of a brighter future. Set off on the path to spiritual and emotional liberation with Rosa as she vividly describes various facets of the Amish lifestyle. Hold her heart in your hands as she bravely discusses the molestation she endured and how she stood up against it to protect her younger female family members. And walk alongside Rosa as she commits to following Jesus and using Him to guide her life journey. With My Path to Light, you will be inspired to march out of the darkness and into the light, just as Rosa did.
147. Political Strategist Melissa DeRosa | How to Work For a Governor28:28From April 2013 to August 2021, Melissa DeRosa served as Communications Director, Strategic Advisor, Chief of Staff, and Secretary to Governor Cuomo. Ms. DeRosa is the first woman to ever serve as Secretary to the Governor, the highest unelected position in state government.She spearheaded the Governor’s campaigns to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour, enact the nation’s most robust paid family leave program, and establish the Excelsior Scholarship, making New York the first state in the country to provide free public college tuition for middle- and low-income families, mandate insurance coverage for medically-necessary IVF, and played a crucial role in managing the state’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, Ms. DeRosa founded and served as Chair of the New York State Council on Women and Girls, established by the Governor to recognize and advance women’s rights in New York State, as well as the New York State COVID-19 Maternity Task Force and the COVID-19 Domestic Violence Task Force. In 2020, Ms. DeRosa also served on the President Biden-elect’s transition committee, advising the incoming administration’s COVID response.Before joining the Governor’s office, Ms. DeRosa worked in the Attorney General’s Office as Deputy Chief of Staff and Acting Chief of Staff and as New York State Director of Organizing for America (OFA), President Obama’s national political action organization.She holds a bachelor’s degree in Industrial and Labor Relations and a master’s degree in Public Administration, both from Cornell University. She has served on the executive board of the Women’s Leadership Forum Network of the Democratic National Committee.
146. America's Shaman Jacob Chansley | What happened on January 6th at the Capital?57:48Jake Angeli-Chansley is a Shamanic practitioner, published author, former Navy sailor, podcaster, and spiritual activist. The media has given him the names Q-Shaman, Qanon Shaman, and MAGA Shaman, but his actual Shamanic name is Yellowstone Wolf. He pleaded guilty to a single charge for his involvement in the January 6th Capitol entry and is currently running for Congress in Arizona.
145. Stuntman & Author Fred North | How to Be a Motion Picture Helicopter Pilot30:59Fred North is a world-renowned helicopter stunt pilot with over two hundred movies in his portfolio. He has worked with the industry’s top directors and logged over fifteen thousand hours shooting feature films and commercials. In 2002, he became the world record holder for altitude with a helicopter. He is licensed to fly worldwide, and the FAA has approved his Motion Picture Safety Manual. Originally from Paris, France, Peggy North grew up in the film industry. She is a trained pilot with years of experience as an aerial coordinator and stunt double. Her portfolio includes action films such as Fast Five, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, and Battleship. She is also the founder of Fire and Crème, a luxury event production company. She and her husband, Fred, reside in Malibu and have three children.