Meet Dufry’s Isabel Zarza
Welcome to TRI-POD, The Moodie Davitt Report’s video podcast series in association with The SEVA Group. It is hosted by Organico Solutions (The SEVA Group) Managing Director Roger Jackson and The Moodie Davitt Report Founder & Chairman Martin Moodie.
This episode’s special guest is Isabel Zarza, Chief Operating Officer North & Central Europe, Russia & Africa at Dufry Group, and one of the most widely respected individuals in the global travel retail community.
Isabel is a youthful veteran of our industry, having joined Spanish travel retailer Aldeasa some 26 years ago in February 1997 and having spent most, not all, of the intervening years in a variety of roles with the subsequent incarnations of Aldeasa – World Duty Free Group and Dufry.
In this edition we find out more about those years but as always on TRI-POD this is about discovering the person behind the executive, from her early years to life highlights along the way.
View all episodes
8. Up close and personal with Maitreyi Karanth52:07In the latest episode of TRI-POD, The Moodie Davitt Report’s travel retail-themed video podcast series in association with The SEVA Group, we meet Maitreyi Karanth, stand-up comic, actor, producer, poet, philanthropist, humanitarian, dog lover, dog rescuer and the human tour de force behind Women in Travel Retail+’s chosen charity for 2023, the Koma Karanth Foundation.
7. Ellen Torvi, Gold Bar Spirits Company27:58Martin and Roger speak with Ellen Torvi from Gold Bar Spirits Company
6. Garry 'Gadget' Maxwell of GMAX Travel Retail45:37This episode’s special guest on TRI-POD, The Moodie Davitt Report’s video podcast series in association with The SEVA Group, is Garry Maxwell, UK-based owner of GMAX Travel Retail, a company he created after spending 18 years alongside at Premier Portfolio as the key third man alongside co-owners Kevin Walsh and Andrew Webster.
5. Susan Gray, airport concessions specialist and “accidental hotelier”46:49We talk to Isabel about growing up in Salamanca; her travel retail debut; and her key mentors down the years. On our resident desert island, her choice of dinner companions makes for a wonderful celebration of International Women’s Day.
3. From the Hawaii of the midlands to the French Riviera with TFWA MD John Rimmer53:20This episode’s special guest on TRI-POD, in association with The SEVA Group, is John Rimmer, the Managing Director of Tax Free World Association (TFWA), a man well-known and much-respected to many people within the global travel retail community.