The Travel Diaries
Steve Backshall is a BAFTA-winning presenter, writer, explorer, naturalist and all round daredevil. His big break as a broadcaster arrived when National Geographic offered him the post of Adventurer in Residence and he’s been taking on some of the toughest challenges on earth ever since, gracing our TV screens with shows like Deadly 60, Expedition, and The Lost Land series. On this episode you’ll hear that Steve’s great passion is discovery. Discovery of new places and new animal species - whether that’s uncovering never before seen ancient human art work in a Borneo cave, tracking snow leopards in the mountains of Kyrgyzstan, coming extremely close to death while kayaking in Bhutan or diving with sharks in his new show, Shark with Steve Backshall.
Holly’s Destination Recap:
- No. 15 Great Pulteney, Bath, England
- Three Mile Beach, Cornwall, England
Steve’s Destination Recap:
- West Papua
- Wales - Gower, Pembroke, Snowdonia, Breacon Beacons
- Scilly Isles, Cornwall, England
- Coastal Pembroke, Wales
- Coastal Penzance, Cornwall, England
- Bimini, The Bahamas
Shark With Steve Backshall continues on Sunday at 8pm on Sky Nature, Sky Showcase and is streaming on NOW TV.
Thank you to today’s sponsors:
- Freddie’s Flowers - Get your first two boxes half price, at just £12.50 each with the code TRAVEL50
- The Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort and Spa
To hear future episodes as soon as they’re released, don’t forget to hit subscribe or “follow”. Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. And there’s always the first 5 seasons to catch up on, with guests from Michael Palin and Rick Stein, to Jo Malone to Hugh Bonneville.