Insider's Guide: Everything You Need to Know about the London Food Scene (feat. Borough Market and Hummingbird Bakery)
Another week, another episode. Get the lowdown on the latest London food trends, restaurant openings and gourmet concepts on this foodie special, sponsored by Moorish. On this week's show, journalists Alicia and Angelica chat about the food trends sweeping the capital, the delivery boxes you need to know about and reveal their favourite London eats. Joined by special guests David Matchett, Market Development Manager of Borough Market, and Tarek Malouf, founder of Hummingbird Bakery, we unearth the best foodie secrets in the capital. The girls are also reviewing new menus in London: Purezza and Routunda. Follow @abouttimemag on Twitter for more London news, competitions and features and visit the site here.
View all episodes
7. The AT Does Christmas (feat Konditor and Cook, and Halo Burger)34:19This week's episode is all about Christmas in the capital! We reveal our favourite Christmas burgers in London along with alternative festive menus. We're also joined by Ross Forder, founder and owner of vegan burger bar, Halo Burger, and Abigail Syson, head of development at Konditor and Cook to talk about getting ready for the festive season, minces pies and Xmas traditions. Alicia and Angelica are also reviewing new restaurants Passo near Old Street and Baby Bao on Haymarket. Don't forget to follow @abouttimemag on Twitter for more London news, reviews and competitions.
6. Author Special: Books, Books, Books43:04This week, we're talking all things books. Alicia & Angelica discuss their favourite books of 2018; from crime thrillers to romantic fiction, they share their top readers of the year. We're also joined by special guests, authors Lauren Bravo and Kate Leaver, who are telling all about their recent non-fiction successes. The girls are also reviewing some London favourite restaurants: Cafe Boheme and Where the Pancakes Are. Follow @abouttimemag on Twitter for more London news, competitions and features and visit the site here.
5. Love, Lust & London: Dating Special (feat. Kate Mansfield & Sheela Mackintosh-Stewart)47:11This week's episode is all about dating in the capital! We reveal our favourite bars in London for dates & where to keep it casual. We're also joined by relationship experts Kate Mansfield & Sheela Mackintosh-Stewart to talk about the realities of dating in the 21st century. Alicia and Angelica are also reviewing new restaurants Harry's Bar on James Street and Kriket in Brixton. Don't forget to follow @abouttimemag on Twitter for more London news, reviews and competitions.
4. Listener Special: Your Questions Answered (feat. Hands Up Foundation & Sekforde Drinks)43:32This week's episode is all about YOU! We're answering our listener questions & deep-diving into the best events, happenings and concepts in London right now. From Day of the Dead celebrations to whisky vending machines, we've got London covered. We're also joined by special guests Talula White, founder of Sekforde Drinks, and Marina Carnwath, project co-ordinator at the Hands Up Foundation who will be answering your business questions. Alicia and Angelica are also reviewing new restaurants, Casa Pastor at Coal Drops Yard, and Baker & Spice in Maida Vale. Don't forget to follow @abouttimemag on Twitter for more London news, reviews and competitions.
3. From Silver Spoon to Greasy Spoon: London's Dining Secrets (feat. Elystan Street and Alyn Williams at The Wesbury)54:19Calling all foodies! Want to know where to find London's best food, in silver spoon style AND greasy spoons? This week, Alicia and Angelica are exploring the finest dining in London; from fancy Michelin-star eats, to their favourite low-key, low-budget finds. We're joined by special guests Phil Howard, Owner and Head Chef at Elystan Street, and Tom Booton, Head Chef at Alyn Williams at The Westbury, to talk gourmet cooking in the capital. The girls are also reviewing new menus in London: Meraki and Gazzele. Follow @abouttimemag on Twitter for more London news, competitions and features and visit the site here.
1. Tastemakers: London’s Hottest Trends Right Now (feat. Genuine Liquorette & Kitchen Theory)49:48We're back with a new season of The AT by About Time Magazine, sponsored by Moorish! This week, journalists Alicia Grimshaw and Angelica Malin are chatting about all the latest London trends, from immersive dining to co-working spaces for parents. Joined by special guests Matt Roberts, of new cocktail bar Genuine Liquorette, and chef Josef Youssef, creative mind of Kitchen Theory, we find out all the latest happening in the capital. The girls are also reviewing new menus in London: Sartoria and Galvin at Windows. Follow @abouttimemag on Twitter for more London news, competitions and features and visit the site here.
10. Between the Lines: Author Special44:58This week, Alicia's in Portland and so we're joined by Claudine Levy to talk about the books and the authors who've caught our eye of late, and are joined by the author of The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober, Catherine Gray for a chat about what fuelled her chronicle of sobriety. Discover more on About Time Magazine and follow us on Twitter.
9. Keeping It Kind: The Giving Back Special43:20This week show is all about kindness; how to give back and spread kindness in the capital. We talk about the best charity-focused supper clubs this month, special charitable events and ways to give back in London. We're joined by special guests, Mr. Kind himself, John McManus, Marketing Director of KIND Snacks and Katie Massie-Taylor, founder of Mush, the UK's #1 app for mums.