14. E014 Ask a Sommelier & Wines To Drink This Summer29:37Season 1 finale episode! A warm and heartfelt thank you to everyone who listened, visited the website, and followed us to learn more about great wine at great prices. We will have some bonus content over the next few months and return with a whole new season this fall.Chuck asks Sean your questions about what it takes to become a Sommelier. Also, what he’s drinking and shopping for this summer. Sean has some questions for Chuck about the perfect Italian summer wines and which season is best to make wine at home. Sean reveals his favourite underrated white wine and Chuck has some hot takes on Sangria. Be sure to listen to the end for a rant about a sommelier who was an absolute snob.Below are links to some of the wines mentioned in this episode…https://nosnobwine.com/wine-review/carnivor-cabernet-sauvignon-2019/https://nosnobwine.com/wine-review/fresco-di-masi-rosso-vegan-organic-red-blend/https://nosnobwine.com/wine-review/fresco-di-masi-bianco-organic-white-blend/To learn more about the wines featured in today's episode…Wolf Blass Yellow Label Cabernet Sauvignon from Australia $16.95https://nosnobwine.com/wine-review/wolf-blass-yellow-label-cabernet-sauvignon-2020/Fuzion Chenin Blanc Chardonnay from Argentina $8.80https://nosnobwine.com/wine-review/fuzion-chenin-blanc-chardonnay/
View all episodes
13. Ep013 How Much Sugar Is in a Glass of Wine?22:26Chuck and Sean break down how much sugar is actually in a glass of wine. The answer will probably pleasantly surprise you. They compare the amount of sugar in wine to the amount of sugar in cola, juice, and your favourite chocolate bar. Sean explains why many wines taste sweeter than they actually are.Chuck features a Petite Sirah (red) from California and Sean tries a calorie reduced white wine from the USA.For more information about the wines referenced in this episode…https://nosnobwine.com/wine-review/laurent-miquel-pere-et-fils-chardonnay-2019/https://nosnobwine.com/wine-review/fresco-di-masi-bianco-organic-white-blend/https://nosnobwine.com/wine-review/spumante-bambino/https://nosnobwine.com/wine-review/bodacious-bubbles-sparkling-wine/To learn more about the wines featured in this episode…Cupcake Light Hearted Chardonnayhttps://nosnobwine.com/wine-review/cupcake-light-hearted-chardonnay/Ironstone Petite Sirahhttps://nosnobwine.com/wine-review/ironstone-petite-sirah-2018/
12. Ep012 How to Store and Age Wine at Home27:01Chuck and Sean offer their best tips for storing those special bottles of wine you want to hang on to for a while. The optimal temperature to store wine long-term. The best locations in your house to store wine and some places you definitely want to avoid when storing and aging wine. They offer tips to tell if you’ve stored your wine too long and the best way to open a bottle after long-term storage.Later they do a joint review of an organic and vegan white wine blend from Italy that is very impressive.For more information on the wine featured in this episode…Masi - Fresco Di Masi Bianco Organic Vegan White Blend $18.95https://nosnobwine.com/wine-review/fresco-di-masi-bianco-organic-white-blend/
11. Ep011 Does the shape of your wine glass matter?21:53Chuck and Sean debate whether or not the shape of your wine glass influences your enjoyment of the wine. They share their go-to glass shapes, tips for serving wine, and etiquette for switching between red and white. They agreed that the shape of the glass does matter, but it’s not what you think. It has more to do with the shape of the opening than the whole glass. When it comes to red vs. white wine and glass shape, they do have one piece of advice you’ll want to follow next time you have dinner guests.Chuck shares a textbook example of old world Spanish red wine (Rioja) and Sean features a very versatile red from Portugal (Castelāo and Touriga Nacional).For more information about the wines featured in this episode...Montecillo Rioja Reserva 2013 $18.95https://nosnobwine.com/wine-review/montecillo-rioja-reserva-2013/Waterdog Red Portugal $12.80https://nosnobwine.com/wine-review/waterdog-red/
10. Ep010 Find Your Whites Part 1 - Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio17:05In part 1 of 3 focusing on white wines, Chuck and Sean unpack three classic whites. Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio. They discuss what to look for, countries to focus on, and typical and unusual pairing ideas.Chuck features an Italian Pinot Grigio and Sean has a 5 star Organic Chardonnay from ArgentinaFor more information on the wine featured in this episode, see the links below…Fuzion Organic Chardonnay 2020 $12.20https://nosnobwine.com/wine-review/fuzion-organic-chardonnay-2020/Fantini Pinot Grigio $10.00https://nosnobwine.com/wine-review/fantini-pinot-grigio-2021/
9. Ep 009 Find Your Reds Part 1 - Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Zinfandel25:24In the first episode of a 6 part series, Chuck and Sean unpack three classic red wines. They discuss what to look for, countries to focus on, and typical and unusual pairing ideas. The goal of this series is to help listeners expand their horizons and discover new (to them) and interesting wines. Parts 1-3 will focus on red wines and parts 4-6 will focus on white wines.Chuck features a smokey twist on Zinfandel and Sean is pleasantly surprised by an Argentinian Malbec done in the old world style. For more information on the wine featured in this episode, see the links below…Verum Malbec from Argentina $16.95https://nosnobwine.com/wine-review/verum-malbec-2019/Smoking Loon Zinfandel from California $15.85https://nosnobwine.com/wine-review/smoking-loon-old-vine-zinfandel/Listener Note: Beginning with Episode 10 the name of the podcast will be changing to The No Snob Wine Podcast. This better aligns with our website (nosnobwine.com) and our brand. This shouldn't impact you, we just wanted to let you know in advance.
8. Ep 008 Getting the Most Out of Inexpensive Wine: Decant It18:02Chuck and Sean talk about decanting wine and share their tips and tricks on the subject. Did you know that decanting inexpensive wine can actually improve the flavor? Sean shares his surprising technique for decanting and Chuck proves almost anything can act as a decanter. Then they tackle the idea of “Hyper Decanting” as depicted in HBO’s Succession. Yes, it’s a real thing and the guys are coming armed with a blender.Chuck features a red from Italy and Sean features a red from Spain. In this episode they taste and rate the wines before decanting and then offer their thoughts on the same wines after an hour of decanting.For more information on the wines featured in this episode…Fantini Primitivo 2020https://nosnobwine.com/wine-review/fantini-numero-uno-primitivo-2020/Honoro Vera Organic Red Blend 2020https://nosnobwine.com/wine-review/honoro-vera-organic-red-blend-2020/