The ToffeeWeb Podcast: Talking Everton
We're Fighting This
Andy Howard, Adam McCulloch and Paul Traill discuss the fallout from the ruling by the independent commission to dock Everton 10 points for breaching PSR. They discuss how the fans and players might be galvanised by the decision and look ahead to the game against Manchester United on Sunday
View all episodes
31. A Glass Full of Despair58:18Adam McCulloch, Paul McParlan and Lyndon Lloyd, joined later by Paul Traill and then Andy Howard, review Everton's mind-numbing performance against Crystal Palace, the reasons for it and Sean Dyche's questionable selection decisions before looking ahead to Brighton (A) and whether almost the same group of players could come close to the scintillating display at the Amex last season.
30. Heads Above Water01:03:44Paul McParlan joins Lyndon and Andy on the 2nd Anniversary edition of the ToffeeWeb Podcast to discuss Everton's creditable 2-2 draw with Tottenham at Goodison Park and the reasons for the Blues' limited but ultimately adequate style of play. They mull over the prospects of the likes of Dobbin, Chermiti and Patterson, the merits of Ben Godfrey at right-back and then assess the team's chances of getting anything from the Etihad Stadium against the Champions.
29. ALL Stadium Pubs & Bars Special31:28Everton have unveiled the fourth and final phase of the ALL seasonal membership packages for the new Everton Stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock and ToffeeWeb were invited down to a special presentation at the Royal Liver Building last November. Paul Traill describes what he saw and was told about the planned stadium bars and pubs that will be available to fans
28. Guest Jim Keoghan01:02:31Author and lifelong Evertonian Jim Keoghan joins Adam, Lyndon and Paul to chat about his latest book, Everything Everything You Wanted to Know About Everton (But Were Afraid to Ask) which is out now on paperback. They also discuss the goalless draw with Fulham, the upcoming game with Spurs, the club's appeal against the 10-point deduction and whether anyone will come in on Transfer Deadline Day00:00 Intro and Fulham17:40 Rating Sean Dyche's performance a year in27:52 Spurs (H)35:50 Jim's latest book46:35 Deadline day deals?50:40 Everton's appeal*note: times may vary due to pre-roll advertising
27. When Does It Stop?01:06:28Andy, Paul and Lyndon discuss the FA Cup replay victory over Crystal Palace, the draw with Aston Villa and the nature of the performances before dealing with the unavoidable – Everton being referred to an independent commission over alleged PSR breaches for a second time
26. The Game's Gone52:46Andy, Paul and Lyndon jumped on to vent about the decision by Chris Kavanagh and Craig Pawson to send off Dominic Calvert-Lewin in the goalless Cup tie at Selhurst Park that, in the absence of a successful appeal, will deprive Everton of the striker for 3 games
25. Running On Empty54:08Lyndon is joined by the two Pauls, Traill and McParlan, to discuss where Everton are heading into the New Year, with four successive defeats in all competitions and the players looking leggy after a hectic December programme. Should Dyche de-prioritise the cup and what prospects are there for new arrivals in January?
24. It Could Have Been Amazing01:01:31Andy, Lyndon and Paul try and find solace after the Toffees once again fell short of the League semi-finals, losing on to Fulham on penalties despite being one kick from Amadou Onana away from progressing. They also look back at the win over Burnley and ahead to Spurs (A)
23. FAB Special – Paul McMonnies49:22Pablo joins Lyndon and Paul to talk about the Blues and his role on the Fan Advisory Board since he was elected to the 11-person panel over the summer – what is the FAB, what are its aims and what does Pablo hope to change about how the organisation is perceived?