The ToffeeWeb Podcast: Talking Everton
Unthinkable! Unbelievable! Incredible!
In a bumper 90-minute edition, a 5-man crew basks in the glow of Everton's 5-star, 5-goal performance on the south coast that has given the club hope that they can escape relegation this season. There's kudos to Dyche for making a key change at the back, discussion over Mina's future and Garner's role in the side, praise for Patterson, Pickford, McNeil and DCL and a look ahead to Man City at home
View all episodes
10. They Always Bring You Back34:36Paul and Lyndon convene to chat about a second Everton away win in the space of four days after the cup win at Villa Park that throws up a number of selection options for Sean Dyche ahead of the weekend visit of Luton
9. A Strange Sensation58:13The crew revel in an unexpectedly impressive display at the Gtech Community Stadium and the feeling of the Toffees finally picking up a Premier League win this season at the sixth attempt. They laud the manager and the players for that result and discuss the options for Wednesday's League Cup tie at Villa
8. This Spiral of Despair57:12Plenty of gallows humour as Adam, Andy and Lyndon reel from Everton's abject display against Arsenal at Goodison Park last Sunday and ponder where it leaves the team ahead of three hugely important Premier League fixtures with an unwanted League Cup tie in between. They also discuss the potential takeover by 777 Partners.
7. A Big Question of If01:00:23Lyndon, Paul and Ell discuss the incomplete summer transfer business, the saga around Demarai Gray and ponder whether Everton have enough in sheer numbers to get them through to the next window. They also look back at the games at Doncaster and Sheffield United which yielded the team's first goals of the season
6. Beat Poetry01:06:51The lads laud the signing of Beto from Udinese and express their hopes that he can be the key to Everton's chronic shortage of goals. They look back at the defeat to Wolves, discuss the pros and cons of selling Alex Iwobi, highlight which part of the team needs to be strengthened most urgently next and look ahead to Sheffield United (A)
5. Denis Stracqualursi Territory01:11:17Ell Bretland returns along with Paul Traill, Adam McCulloch and Lyndon Lloyd to go over a horrible defeat at Villa, the team-selection debates that have been thrown up as a result and the lack of more new, badly-needed signings.
4. Cautiously Negative54:34The fellas pick through the season opener against Fulham where Everton somehow failed to score and went down 1-0, ponder whether things will ever click for Neal Maupay, assess the signing of Jack Harrison and then look ahead to Sunday's trip to Villa
3. Knee-Deep & Fully Invested43:27Rodger Armstrong joins Andy, Paul and Lyndon as the podcast crew look ahead to the kick-off of Everton's Premier League season as they take on Fulham at Goodison Park. The fellas predict who will be the top goalscorer in the side as well as the Blues' final points tally and where that means they'll will finish come next May.
2. We Don't Want Excitement58:01Paul, Lyndon, Andy and Adam look ahead to a first full season under Sean Dyche, mull over the possible feel-good sequel to the Arnaut Danjuma movie, express their hopes that everything comes right for Dele at Everton, and chat about some of the other players being linked with Goodison Park