The ToffeeWeb Podcast: Talking Everton
Knee-Deep & Fully Invested
Rodger Armstrong joins Andy, Paul and Lyndon as the podcast crew look ahead to the kick-off of Everton's Premier League season as they take on Fulham at Goodison Park. The fellas predict who will be the top goalscorer in the side as well as the Blues' final points tally and where that means they'll will finish come next May.
View all episodes
19. Like Watching a Pinball Machine59:02Lyndon, Adam and Ell discuss the gut punch that was Everton's heavy home defeat to Manchester United where the fires of protest against the points deduction by the Premier League were doused by Alejandro Garnacho's stunning overhead kick and two further goals from Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial
18. We're Fighting This01:00:14Andy Howard, Adam McCulloch and Paul Traill discuss the fallout from the ruling by the independent commission to dock Everton 10 points for breaching PSR. They discuss how the fans and players might be galvanised by the decision and look ahead to the game against Manchester United on Sunday
17. A is for Away Win01:11:28It's a full house on the TW pod as Adam, Andy, Ell, Lyndon and Paul look back at the 3-2 win over Crystal Palace that lifts Everton into 14th going into the international break. They discuss how much the team has improved over 12 months and then assess their chances against faltering Manchester United before picking their players of the season so far
16. Getting Points and Making Progress57:17Paul McParlan returns to the pod and joins Paul Traill and Lyndon to discuss whether the draw with Brighton was a point gained or two points dropped. They chat about possession statistics, the wisdom of playing 'Ashley Old' twice in the space of a week and the merits of Sean Dyche's reluctance to make substitutions. There's also some obligatory VAR chat
15. A Bit of a Season-Changer01:07:41Adam, Andy, Lyndon and Paul offer praise aplenty following Everton's win at West Ham, especially for Dominic Calvert-Lewin and a certain defender who is no longer the club's best-kept secret. They also look ahead to the Carabao Cup tie against Burnley and then the Premier League clash with Brighton before picking their favourite change strips from down the years
14. The End of an Era49:33Andy, Lyndon and Paul discuss the news that broke on Tuesday afternoon concerning the death of Everton's Chairman, Bill Kenwright who had been on the Board for 35 years. They look back on the controversy at Anfield in the Merseyside derby and look ahead to Sunday's game against West Ham at the London Stadium
13. You Just Never Know...51:55Has the history of the Anfield derby made Evertonians completely numb in the lead-up to the game? Also, discussing the "secret" independent commission, 777 Partners and the takeover, and the excellent BBC Sounds pod series covering last season at Goodison Park
12. I'll Have Another One!55:05Andy, Adam and Lyndon bask in Everton's morale-boosting win over Bournemouth that arrived just in time with some tricky fixtures coming up. They give kudos to a few key players from the 3-0 victory, discuss the choices in midfield and look ahead to the Anfield derby without complete dread
11. Welcome Back to Purgatory56:28Andy, Lyndon and Paul scratch around for answers to Everton's horrendous home form following the 2-1 defeat to Luton Town which extended the run under Sean Dyche to seven defeats from the last eight at Goodison Park.