The SportsAid Vault
Viddal Riley (Part 2) on building his YouTube following, writing and producing his own music, and the importance of being authentic
The SportsAid Vault Podcast is kicking off in style with Viddal Riley, a professional cruiserweight boxer signed to Mayweather Promotions, joining us for a bumper double episode. Viddal was a SportsAid beneficiary and represented Team GB at the Nanjing 2014 Youth Olympic Games. He was a decorated amateur boxer with an impressive eight national titles and European silver to his name. Viddal has a huge social media presence with over 1.1 million subscribers on YouTube and more than 600,000 followers on Instagram. The 23-year-old, alongside his own boxing exploits, famously trained YouTube star KSI as he overcame Logan Paul in a rematch which generated huge pay-per-view numbers worldwide. Viddal, under the name RIL, also writes and produces his own rap music.
Viddal talks to us openly about....
- Growth of his YouTube channel and social media following
- Following passions outside of boxing to create right balance in life
- Writing and producing his own music and launching clothing line
- Importance of being authentic to build a loyal and devoted audience
- Being a public figure and the challenges which come as a direct result
- Years of consistent dedication to his craft which led to training KSI