The SportsAid Vault
Viddal Riley (Part 1) on his amateur boxing career, the Youth Olympic Games and turning professional with Mayweather Promotions
The SportsAid Vault Podcast is kicking off in style with Viddal Riley, a professional cruiserweight boxer signed to Mayweather Promotions, joining us for a bumper double episode. Viddal was a SportsAid beneficiary and represented Team GB at the Nanjing 2014 Youth Olympic Games. He was a decorated amateur boxer with an impressive eight national titles and European silver to his name. Viddal has a huge social media presence with over 1.1 million subscribers on YouTube and more than 600,000 followers on Instagram. The 23-year-old, alongside his own boxing exploits, famously trained YouTube star KSI as he overcame Logan Paul in a rematch which generated huge pay-per-view numbers worldwide. Viddal, under the name RIL, also writes and produces his own rap music.
Viddal talks to us openly about....
- Early inspirations and the influence of his parents growing up
- Progressing through the amateur ranks and his experiences at West Ham ABC
- Representing Team GB at the Nanjing 2014 Youth Olympic Games
- Realising his talent and his dad pushing him to be the best he can be
- Turning professional with Mayweather Promotions after Las Vegas trip with KSI
- Dealing with injury setbacks and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020