The Shift To Freedom
Surrendering Ourselves To the River Flow of Reality with Clayton Olson
Ironically, acceptance is one of the most resisted concepts when it comes to wrapping our minds around it. It's an idea that is hard to grasp without confusing it with something else like tolerance, resignation, or agreement.
Today, I'm joined by Clayton Olson to talk about one of the 7 radical shifts we can make to change our world: radical acceptance. We delve into why it is so hard to connect with radical acceptance and embrace it in the present moment without feeling we are losing something.
Together, we uncover the several meanings we tend to attribute to acceptance that doesn't necessarily describe what it is and how it can serve us. We pay attention to the language we use to describe acceptance and get in touch with how those words land within ourselves and make us feel. We also go through some practical and philosophical ways to embrace acceptance in the present moment and learn how to be friends with the things we want to change in ourselves and the world around us.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Some of the things acceptance is NOT (2:41)
- It's practice until it's not. What happens when we decide to embrace acceptance (3:53)
- About the language, we wrap around acceptance and how it makes us feel (9:06)
- For how long we can resist the river flow (12:36)
- What else do we resist when we try to fight reality (15:12)
- What is acceptance's essence (17:57)
- Practical and philosophical ways to embrace and connect with radical acceptance (25:29)
- How to be friends with the things we want to change (33:15)
- Book: James Clear - Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
Connect with Ben and Clayton: