The Parenting Cipher
Come Into My House: Easy ways growth mindset will empower your life
Season two of The Parenting Cipher is all about possibilities. Start the year off right by learning in this episode what is a growth mindset and how you can use it to leverage the possibilities of your and your child’s goals. It’s easier than you think and totally worth it! Does your child have a fixed mindset? Hear about why you should think twice before calling your child “smart” in this episode of The Parenting Cipher.
Host of The Parenting Cipher, Genie Dawkins is a single mother of four and has over 25 years of being a parent advocate of special needs children. In addition to obtaining her Certification in Integrative Health Coaching, Lateefa holds an M.S. in Non-Profit Management and a B.S. in Social Sciences. Genie is the best-selling author of two books “Not My Child: Navigating Your Child’s Learning Difficulties with IEP’s and Education Resources” and a recent release “The Joyful Family Planner”. As an educational advocacy specialist, her mission is to help parents achieve a balanced life and overcome inevitable challenges both at school and home in a way that empowers parents and children.
Insight from this episode:
- Reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic and how to move forward and create your next possibilities in 2021.
- Tips to expand and support a growth mindset in yourself and your kids.
- How to take a leap towards your possibilities even if you’re afraid.
- Strategies on building awareness of your habits and learning how to do better.
Quotes from the show:
- “That’s what this upcoming year is, a space of possibilities. How are we gonna turn this thing around?” –Genie Dawkins The Parenting Cipher Ep. #1
- “My goal is to help people make things happen for themselves.” –Genie Dawkins The Parenting Cipher Ep. #1
- “We can we do? What is it that we want to do that we might just have to work on it? … Just so that we can make things happen.” –Genie Dawkins The Parenting Cipher Ep. #1
- “Everything is possible in the midst of chaos. It doesn’t all have to be terrible.” –Genie Dawkins The Parenting Cipher Ep. #1
- “You learn more when you make mistakes, so don’t even worry about making them.” –Genie Dawkins quoting her son The Parenting Cipher Ep. #1
- “When things aren’t going right, what are we saying to ourselves?” –Genie Dawkins The Parenting Cipher Ep. #1
Website: Genie Dawkins
Facebook: Genie Dawkins
LinkedIn: Genie Dawkins
The Parenting Cipher
Website: The Parenting Cipher
Patreon: The Parenting Cipher
Itunes: The Parenting Cipher
Spotify: The Parenting Cipher
Youtube: The Parenting Cipher
Post-production for this episode was provided by Podcast Laundry.