9. Ask Eva: biopharma's market trends in 202314:09Episode 9 of Optimum Perspectives Podcast features Optimum's Richard Staines and Eva Haas, who discuss the hot areas for investment in the shifting biotech market – including antibody-drug conjugates, smart radiotherapies, mRNA and immune-oncology. Want us to explore a topic further? Let us know!
View all episodes
8. Alchemab: The UK biotech that is revolutionising drug discovery17:53Alchemab aims to revolutionise drug discovery with a novel alternative to the classic “choose a target” approach. Alchemab specifically looks to identify shared antibodies from people who have shown resilience to disease – the unexpectedly well. The company then uses its proprietary technology to identify which targets these antibodies are binding to, and what diseases these targets are associated with. Optimum Strategic Communications’ Richard Staines caught up with Alchemab’s CEO, Young Kwon, to find out more.
7. Poolbeg Pharma: Using AI to prepare for the next pandemic16:27No-one is likely to forget the tragic events of 2020 and one company leading efforts to prepare for the next pandemic is Poolbeg Pharma. Optimum Strategic Communications’ Richard Staines interviewed CEO Jeremy Skillington to find out how Poolbeg is using AI to expedite discovery of new flu drugs.Poolbeg is working on a drug that aims to block some of the worst effects of influenza, neutralising the over-reaction from the body’s immune system known as a “cytokine storm” that produces many of the ill effects following a flu infection.
6. Verona Pharma: Preparing a potentially novel COPD medicine for market17:32A much-anticipated new potential drug for COPD moved a step closer to the market after Verona Pharma submitted its New Drug Application to the U.S. FDA, seeking approval of ensifentrine as a maintenance therapy. In its latest podcast, Optimum Strategic Communications caught up with Chris Martin, Senior Vice President of Commercial, who discussed how the company plans to launch this potential novel COPD medicine.
5. Søren Møller of Novo Holdings Seed Investments – Helping small biotechs weather the storm21:28Today’s funding environment for small biotechs is tough. Valuations are down and money is tighter than it used to be – both for publicly listed and privately held firms. In these circumstances, obtaining the right backing – both in terms of finance and managerial advice – is more important than ever. In the fifth Optimum Perspectives podcast experienced investor Søren Møller talks to Optimum’s Stephen Adams about Novo Holdings Seed Investments’ approach to working with biotechs and what early-stage companies should look for in a financing partner.
4. Renée Aguiar-Lucander, CEO of Calliditas Therapeutics: Blazing a trail in rare diseases23:02How do you take a tiny private Swedish biotech and turn it into a successful, publicly-listed company operating on both sides of the Atlantic, in just six years? Listen to Renée Aguiar-Lucander, CEO of Calliditas Therapeutics, tell Optimum’s Richard Staines how they brought TARPEYO, the first FDA-approved drug for the rare kidney disease primary IgA nephropathy, to market.She describes her ‘incredible journey’ growing the firm from less than 10 staff to more than 200, taking it public in Europe and the US, running a global Phase III trial, and how Tarpeyo can help people with IgA nephropathy live more normal lives.https://www.optimumcomms.com/podcastFollow us and subscribe for new episodes highlighting the latest innovation and developments in life sciences, with industry leaders of the healthcare sector.Available on all major platforms: Apple, Spotify, Google, Amazon Music, Tune In, Castbox, Deezer and more! Follow and Subscribe today. #optimumperspectivespodcast
3. An interview with Dan Mahony, UK Government Life Sciences Envoy, by Optimum’s Eva Haas22:38In this episode, our in-house IR expert, and ex-Fund Manager Eva Haas interviewed Dan Mahony, Chairman of the BioIndustry Association (BIA), following his appointment as UK Life Sciences Investment Envoy to hear his plans for championing the UK’s Life Sciences industry. Read the insight piece here: An interview with Dan Mahony, UK Government Life Sciences Envoy by Optimum’s Eva Haashttps://www.optimumcomms.com/podcastFollow us and subscribe for new episodes highlighting the latest innovation and developments in life sciences, with industry leaders of the healthcare sector.Available on all major platforms: Apple, Spotify, Google, Amazon Music, Tune In, Castbox, Deezer and more! Follow and Subscribe today. #optimumperspectivespodcast