The Next Mile
Robert Brown of TuSimple
A rare moment of widespread global uncertainty has paved the path and proved the point for one industry poised to transform how we move freight across our planet – autonomous trucking. We speak with one of the leading companies in this space, TuSimple, and their head of government and public affairs, Robert Brown.
From finding cost and time efficiencies to improving how we connect in a time of need, TuSimple’s robust sensor suite is doing more than just establishing new technology – it’s mending our planet one automated shipment at a time.
On today’s episode, we’ll explore the technology and ethos that make up TuSimple’s vision for bringing autonomy to 18-wheelers. Don’t miss out on this episode of The Next Mile, where we have a conversation about the importance of this game-changing technology to our nation’s infrastructure pipeline.
Questions I ask:
- Why was the autonomous trucking sector so much more appealing than consumer AVs?
- What is the secrete sauce that sets apart the technology being used by TuSimple?
- What are the benefits TuSimple has found so far with truck automation?
- How is TuSimple leveraging partnerships with big logistics companies to prove their position in the marketplace?
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic forced you to reimagine some of the work you are doing?
- How does TuSimple balance the need for a human workforce with automation?
Connect with Robert and TuSimple: