The Next Mile
Episode 5 -In a Van Down by the River
Every time you get behind the wheel, do you know where you’re headed to next?
When was the last time you stopped to smell the roses, or stopped at the pop-up apple stand on the side of the road?
With the sudden resurge of “van life” in America, the idyllic dream of taking life into your own hands, living on a continuous adventure, and taking beautiful Instagram pictures along the way is becoming the reality of more and more people—especially Millennials.
On today’s episode, I talk with David Clapper, co-founder and CEO of SCAMPer Van. He knows a thing or two about the wonders of exploring the open road in a van, and he takes us with him on this journey throughout our discussion.
So, listen in and imagine where this road could take you.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What’s the origin of sCAMPer Van? (1:51)
- Is there something uniquely American about van life? (9:01)
- Can van life exist in a world with the next generation of cars? (19:07)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How “van life” began. (4:38)
- How van life is becoming more attainable for individuals and families of all ages. (10:10)
- How van life allows for spontaneity unlike other travel methods. (10:58)
- What’s different about a sCAMPer Van and an RV. (21:25)