The Next Mile
Episode 9 - It's a bird, it's a plane...it's SUPERSONIC
Aerion is one of the leaders in the burgeoning supersonic era ahead of us, and on the heels of their announcement of their new headquarters in Melbourne, Florida we spoke with one of their leaders that is pushing us ahead into a new future. In this episode, Matt Cram, the Chief Commercial Officer of Aerion, talks about their supersonic business jets, sustainable technology, and commitment to the environment. Today, businesses are dictated by speed – be it the operations, decision making, or logistics.
As travel faces an unprecedented era of transformation, Aerion holds they key to unlocking a 40 billion industry. This impending Mach 2 revolution could be forged in the fire of this time period.
What we discussed:
- The history of aviation speeds (1:30)
- The business jet market and supersonic (2:40)
- How sustainability is at the center of Aerion's business goals (4:30)
- What is boomless cruise/mach cutoff? (5:35)
- What are the next steps for delivering supersonic business jets? (9:30)
- The future of Aerion's business? (13:35)