The New Bazaar
The economy in one episode
For this special collaborative episode of The New Bazaar, Cardiff has teamed up with his friend and former colleague Matt Klein, who writes The Overshoot newsletter. Matt and Cardiff spend the episode carefully -- and without jargon -- walking listeners through the data on the US economy. Is the economy back to its pre-pandemic strength? What about jobs? How much are people getting paid? What’s the deal with inflation? Is there anything surprising about the economy that more people should be aware of? They answer all these questions and more.
Matt is Cardiff’s favorite economic data sleuth because of his rare ability to make sense of an enormous variety of economic indicators, arriving at nuanced but intelligible conclusions. So if you’ve wanted one podcast episode that tells you, in plain language, just where the economy is right now, this is it. And as a bonus, Matt has simultaneously written a special post at The Overshoot, which you can find via the link below, adding details and analysis to their chat. Go check it out!
Links from the episode:
- Matt is on Twitter at @M_C_Klein
- The Overshoot, by Matt Klein (https://tinyurl.com/7m4ze4ef)
- Trade Wars are Class Wars, by Matt Klein and Michael Pettis (https://tinyurl.com/cf7bj84j)
- Cardiff and Aimee are on Twitter at @CardiffGarcia and @AimeePKeane
- Send us an email! You can write to us at email@example.com