The New Abnormal
Matt Gaetz Doesn’t Want You to Know He Wears Unisex Blazers
Washington Post reporter Ben Terris, author of The Big Break The Gamblers, Party Animals, and True Believers Trying to Win in Washington While America Loses Its Mind, joins this episode of The New Abnormal podcast to share some highlights from his book, which includes wacky, inside moments and scandals he witnessed in D.C. after Trump left office—like the fashion faux pas Matt Gaetz didn’t want people to know about and the sad story of Trump circle member and CPAC Chairman Matt Schlapp’s right-hand man. Plus, Andy and Danielle take on the latest politics news and Stacey Stevenson, CEO of Family Equality, an LGBTQ organization directed at creating safe, happy, healthy, environments for LGBTQ people and their families, joins as guest to chat about how Florida’s anti-LGBT legislation is leading the community to “becoming refugees in their own country.”
View all episodes
352. Far-Right Anti-Science Conspiracies Are Literally Killing Us01:06:26Dr. Peter Hotez joins The New Abnormal this week to discuss his new book, “The Deadly Rise of Anti-Science”—and why anti-vaccine conspiracies are so dangerous. Plus! An interview with labor reporter and author Kim Kelly about the United Auto Workers strike.
GOP Keeps Embarrassing Itself Trying to Justify Biden Inquiry34:01This week’s episode of The New Abnormal highlights how Republicans are tying themselves up in knots while attempting to explain why we need an impeachment inquiry into Joe Biden.
351. Lauren Boebert Proves the One Thing She Needs is Class01:00:08On this week’s episode of The New Abnormal, hosts Andy Levy and Danielle Moodie delve deep into the lack of class shown by Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) this week. Then, author Mike Rothschild is here to tell us all about his new book. Plus! Jeffrey Lewis, a scholar at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies on the Non-Proliferation and Terrorism Studies, joins us to share the reason we’re all still here.
350. Middle America Gives Trump the Finger at Iowa Football Game01:02:44On this week’s episode of The New Abnormal, a reminder that the enemy of your enemy isn’t always your friend. Plus! A status check on the various groups protesting Atlanta’s “Cop City” project and a chat with Meagan Burrows of the ACLU’s Reproductive Freedom Project about Alabama’s attempts to criminalize those who help young women seeking abortions.
U.S. Leaders Ignored Warning Signs That Musk Would Help Putin34:12The Daily Beast columnist David Rothkopf tells The New Abnormal’s Danielle Moodie that U.S. politicians should rethink their support of Elon Musk after his intervention to help Russia.
349. How Elon Musk Can Change the World With One Flick of a Switch01:01:33On this week’s episode of The New Abnormal, hosts Andy Levy and Danielle Moodie are shocked by just how much control billionaire Elon Musk has over the world. Plus! Executive Director of reproductive justice group the Yellowhammer Fund, Jenice Fountain, joins the show to talk about what’s going on in Alabama. Author Marc Tyler Nobleman also talks about his experience on a speaking tour of Georgia schools where school leaders found an issue with him saying the word “gay.”
348. Trump Contemplates Jailing Opponents Amid Legal Trouble01:01:49On this episode of The New Abnormal, hosts Andy Levy and Danielle Moodie discuss how crazy it is that Donald Trump keeps talking about jailing his political opponents and everyone has just accepted it as normal. Dare we say, the new abnormal. Plus! Blowback Podcast hosts Brendan James and Noah Kulwin pop in to talk about their newest season covering the ins, outs, and random stars of the crisis in Afghanistan and the US' involvement after 9/11. Then, Author, historian, and culture critic Ruth Ben Ghiat is here to answer the question Danielle Moodie thinks nobody is asking, what stage of the facist takeover are we in right now
Why Castrated Mad Hatter Murdered Lincoln’s Killer34:40Comedian Jesse Joyce tells The New Abnormal how his fascination with “the guy who cut his own balls off with a pair of scissors and then killed John Wilkes Booth” forced him into writing his new book.
347. It’s Grotesque to Keep Putting Mitch McConnell Out There55:34On this week’s episode of The New Abnormal, hosts Andy and Levy and Danielle Moodie discuss the ramifications of Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s latest freeze. Plus! National opinion columnist for the “Philadelphia Enquirer,” Will Bunch, talks to us about his recent article surrounding the state of journalism. Then, The Daily Beast’s politics reporter Zachary Petrizzo stops by to let us in on what’s happening with G O P fundraising.