The New Abnormal
The Longer They Wait to Indict Donald Trump, the Harder It Gets
On this week’s episode of The New Abnormal, hosts Danielle Moodie and Andy Levy wonder what’s taking special counsel Jack Smith so long. Plus! The Daily Beast politics reporter Jake Lahut talks about the self-help guru who won't get help: Marianne Williamson.
View all episodes
354. Right-Wingers in Congress Won’t Win Their Wacky Shutdown Fight57:01On this episode of The New Abnormal: Why Joe Biden is right to let Republicans shoot themselves in the foot during yet another idiotic shutdown fight. Plus! A look at Trump’s weekend of manic posting on Truth Social.
Not Crazy or a Nazi? Liberal Org Wants you for School Board29:47Run For Something has just pumped $10 million into electing left-leaning school board members. Co-founder Amanda Litman tells The New Abnormal the basic credentials you need.
353. In Georgia, Donald Trump May Have Just Met His Match in Battle01:00:50On this week’s episode of The New Abnormal, MSNBC legal analyst Glenn Kirschner talks about Donald Trump’s latest legal challenges. Then a talk with Freedom of the Press Foundation executive director Trevor Timm about how the U.S. trying Julian Assange under the Espionage Act may prove to be a regrettable decision if Trump is elected president again.
352. Far-Right Anti-Science Conspiracies Are Literally Killing Us01:06:26Dr. Peter Hotez joins The New Abnormal this week to discuss his new book, “The Deadly Rise of Anti-Science”—and why anti-vaccine conspiracies are so dangerous. Plus! An interview with labor reporter and author Kim Kelly about the United Auto Workers strike.
GOP Keeps Embarrassing Itself Trying to Justify Biden Inquiry34:01This week’s episode of The New Abnormal highlights how Republicans are tying themselves up in knots while attempting to explain why we need an impeachment inquiry into Joe Biden.
351. Lauren Boebert Proves the One Thing She Needs is Class01:00:08On this week’s episode of The New Abnormal, hosts Andy Levy and Danielle Moodie delve deep into the lack of class shown by Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) this week. Then, author Mike Rothschild is here to tell us all about his new book. Plus! Jeffrey Lewis, a scholar at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies on the Non-Proliferation and Terrorism Studies, joins us to share the reason we’re all still here.
350. Middle America Gives Trump the Finger at Iowa Football Game01:02:44On this week’s episode of The New Abnormal, a reminder that the enemy of your enemy isn’t always your friend. Plus! A status check on the various groups protesting Atlanta’s “Cop City” project and a chat with Meagan Burrows of the ACLU’s Reproductive Freedom Project about Alabama’s attempts to criminalize those who help young women seeking abortions.
U.S. Leaders Ignored Warning Signs That Musk Would Help Putin34:12The Daily Beast columnist David Rothkopf tells The New Abnormal’s Danielle Moodie that U.S. politicians should rethink their support of Elon Musk after his intervention to help Russia.
349. How Elon Musk Can Change the World With One Flick of a Switch01:01:33On this week’s episode of The New Abnormal, hosts Andy Levy and Danielle Moodie are shocked by just how much control billionaire Elon Musk has over the world. Plus! Executive Director of reproductive justice group the Yellowhammer Fund, Jenice Fountain, joins the show to talk about what’s going on in Alabama. Author Marc Tyler Nobleman also talks about his experience on a speaking tour of Georgia schools where school leaders found an issue with him saying the word “gay.”