The Insomnia Project
To fold or not to fold?
On today's episode of the sleep podcast The Insomnia Project we cover all we can about the hard working and often thankless napkin.
Marco describes 3 folds, the fan fold, the roll up and go fold, and the classic rectangle fold. The discussion veers into towel art but then comes full circle with napkin rings and paper napkins.
All the napkins you can handle and more on today's episode.
Connect with us on:
View all episodes
1. A Journey to France27:25The Insomnia Project - Season 8 Episode 1: A journey to FranceWelcome back to The Insomnia Project, where we offer you 26 minutes of calm conversation to help you find your way to sleep. In this soothing episode, your hosts Amanda Barker and Marco Timpano embark on an exciting journey that takes them from the serene East Coast of Canada, specifically St. John's Newfoundland, all the way to the charming shores of St. Pierre and Miquelon, France.Join Amanda and Marco as they share the delightful highlights of their adventure, including riding electric bikes through picturesque landscapes, enjoying peaceful picnics by the water, and taking scenic drives that offer breathtaking views. Along the way, they also discover some delectable snacks and hidden gems that make their trip truly unforgettable.If you're looking for a tranquil escape or simply need a break from your day, join us on this calming voyage as we share our travel experiences and create a serene atmosphere that can guide you into a peaceful slumber.Don't forget to support "The Insomnia Project" by giving us a 5-star review and telling your friends about the podcast. Connect with us on social media:- Twitter: @listenandsleep- Instagram: @theinsomniaproject- Website: theinsomniaproject.com- Patreon: www.patreon.com/theinsomniaprojectRelax, unwind, and let your worries drift away with "The Insomnia Project."
26. Clacks, Rue and Flavoured water28:51he Insomnia Project - Season 7 Finale: Clack Island Dreams and Bubbly Water**Are you ready to embark on a journey of tranquility and calm? Welcome back to The Insomnia Project, your favourite podcast that helps you drift off to dreamland with mundane conversation. In this soothing season finale, your hosts Marco and Amanda delve into the captivating world of Clack Island, dream analysis, and the secret to making the perfect flavoured bubbly water.In this episode, Marco shares a vivid dream he had about arriving on the enigmatic Clack Island. With Amanda by his side, they set out to discover if this mysterious destination truly exists. Tune in to find out the results of Amanda's thorough research and whether Marco's dream has any hidden meanings.Moving on, Marco enlightens us with a heartwarming story about saving some Gerbera Daisies from the curb, and he ponders the longevity of Pansies. Who knew flowers could be so fascinating and sleep-inducing?In the realm of culinary exploration, Amanda embarks on a quest to uncover the secrets of good flavoured bubbly water. With her discerning taste buds, she uncovers what makes certain bubbly waters delightfully refreshing while others fall short. So, if you're a fan of effervescent beverages, this segment is sure to satisfy your palate.As the episode progresses, Marco takes us back to his herb garden to talk about Rue, a plant he encountered during a recent store visit. As always, we want to hear from you, our cherished listeners! Help us improve the podcast by giving us your feedback. Please take a moment to rate, review, and give us a glowing 5-star rating on the platform you're listening from. Your support means the world to us!Connect with us on social media to stay up-to-date with all things The Insomnia Project. Follow us on Twitter @listenandsleep and on Instagram @theinsomniaproject. For more content, visit our website at theinsomniaproject.com. If you love what we do and want to support us, consider joining our Patreon community at www.patreon.com/theinsomniaproject.Thank you for joining us on this tranquil journey through mundane conversations. May you find serenity and sleep well, dear listeners. Until next season, sweet dreams!
25. Lily Dale, Saskatoon & Boston Beans27:16Lily Dale, Saskatoon, and Boston BeansWelcome back to another dreamy episode of "The Insomnia Project!" In this episode titled "Lily Dale, Saskatoon, and Boston Beans," your hosts Amanda and Marco take you on a relaxing journey through their latest adventures and interests.They start by reminiscing about a recent visit to their local community pool. Amanda shares how she feels like a graceful goldfish gliding through the water in the kiddie pool, while Marco ponders the similarities between community pools and libraries - both quiet, reflective spaces where you can unwind and rejuvenate.Speaking of libraries, Marco casually flips through some non-interesting magazines they have lying around. Amanda and Marco share a laugh as they dive into the fascinatingly mundane articles they found. Marco delves into the world of the majestic Black Walnut tree, revealing some unexpected tidbits that will leave you appreciating this tree's understated beauty. On the other hand, Amanda treats us to some delightful facts about the beloved Boston Baked Beans.As always, Amanda and Marco have exciting plans ahead. They can't contain their excitement about their upcoming trips to Lily Dale, New York - a place known for its abundance of mediums and spiritual energy. Get ready for some intriguing stories and experiences from this extraordinary destination. Additionally, they share their anticipation for the scenic wonders and warm hospitality of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, a place they can't wait to explore.To wrap up this episode, your hosts invite you to connect with them on social media. Stay updated on all the sleep-inducing content and upcoming adventures by following them on Twitter @listenandsleep and Instagram @theinsomniaproject. Don't forget to visit their website at theinsomniaproject.com for more soothing content. And for those looking to support the podcast and gain access to exclusive bonus material, consider becoming a patron at www.patreon.com/theinsomniaproject.So, get cozy, close your eyes, and join Amanda and Marco as they lull you into sweet slumber with their soothing voices and captivating tales. Sleep tight and until next time, dreamers!
24. Pools & Dancing32:29Welcome back to "The Insomnia Project"! In this soothing episode titled "Pools & Dancing," we invite you to unwind and join us as we explore the tranquil world of pools and a quick dance story, perfect for lulling you into a peaceful slumber.Our CoHost Amanda Barker takes centre stage as we celebrate her remarkable ability to swim in just about any body of water, no matter the temperature. From freezing lakes to warm, tropical seas, Amanda fearlessly dives in and shares her aquatic adventures.Together, we reminisce about the simple joy of community pools, where summer days seemed to stretch on forever, and private pools, where tranquility and relaxation go hand in hand. The sound of water gently lapping against the edges, the feeling of coolness on a hot day – these are the memories we cherish.But that's not all! Our other CoHost, Marco Timpano, shares a delightful story of his recent dancing escapade on a TV show filming. With humour and charm, Marco takes us through his dance floor adventures, proving that sometimes, the most unexpected moments lead to the fondest memories.As always, we keep things calm and soothing, ensuring that the topics never get too exciting to disrupt your peaceful state of mind. Instead, we create a space where you can ease into the discussion, relax, and maybe even drift off to a peaceful sleep.Before you close your eyes, don't forget to connect with us on social media. Follow us on Twitter @listenandsleep, check out our serene visuals on Instagram @theinsomniaproject, and visit our website at theinsomniaproject.com. If you love what we do and want to support the show, consider joining us on Patreon at www.patreon.com/theinsomniaproject.So, dear listeners, lay back, let go of the day's worries, and let "The Insomnia Project" be your gentle lullaby into dreamland. Until next time, sweet dreams and peaceful slumbers.
23. Barbra Streisand and Perugino: a rose by any other name.28:11Barbra Streisand and Perugino: a rose by any other name OR Artistic Tangents and Film Festival DreamsJoin hosts Marco Timpano and Amanda Barker in this week's episode of "The Insomnia Project," the podcast designed for insomniacs by insomniacs. Get ready to unwind as they delve into their recent outdoor film festival experience at the IncluCity Film Festival (ICFF). Marco and Amanda share their serene adventure at the ICFF, where they stumbled upon a captivating documentary about the legendary artist Perugino. As they recount the mesmerizing details of the film, they inadvertently embark on a tangent about the enchanting Barbra Streisand rose.Sink into relaxation mode as the hosts intertwine stories of two iconic artists, allowing their soothing voices to transport you to a world of artistic wonder and tranquility. It's a perfect blend of leisurely conversation and the dulcet tones of two insomniacs sharing their love for the mundane.Don't forget to follow and connect with "The Insomnia Project" for more peaceful content:- Twitter: @listenandsleep- Instagram: @theinsomniaproject- Website: theinsomniaproject.com- Patreon: www.patreon.com/theinsomniaprojectTune in and let the comforting ambiance of this episode lull you into a restful slumber, turning insomnia into sweet dreams.
22. Puzzling & Herb Gardening27:13Episode Description: "Puzzling and Herb Gardening"On this episode of "The Insomnia Project," hosts Marco Timpano and Amanda Barker dive into the puzzling world and herb gardening. They kick off the show by taking listener topic suggestions, exploring the intriguing realm of puzzles. However, both hosts admit to not being avid puzzlers. Amanda shares her lack of enthusiasm for puzzles, while Marco introduces an idea for a unique puzzle game he calls "Poozle" (which is not as questionable as it sounds).Shifting gears, Marco and Amanda delve into the realm of gardening, particularly herb gardening. They discuss their personal experiences with cultivating herbs in their own gardens. As they explore this green space, the conversation takes an unexpected turn towards Madrigal songs—a delightful surprise for any keen gardener. Marco also shares his frustration with the Basil industry, shedding light on the challenges faced and his efforts to combat them. Amanda contributes by revealing the one herb she would rather avoid having in her garden, adding a touch of humour to the conversation.To conclude the episode, Marco offers valuable gardening tips to help listeners cultivate their own herb gardens successfully. Finally, they invite listeners to connect and share topic ideas through their various social media channels.Don't miss this episode of "The Insomnia Project" as Marco and Amanda explore the world of puzzles, herb gardening, and everything in between. Tune in to discover their insights and connect with them on Twitter @listenandsleep, Instagram @theinsomniaproject, their website theinsomniaproject.com, or support them on Patreon at www.patreon.com/theinsomniaproject.
21. PBS & Pulling Espresso26:56PBS & Pulling EspressoWelcome to another episode of "The Insomnia Project," the podcast that helps you relax and unwind. In today's episode, titled "PBS & Pulling Espresso," your hosts Marco Timpano and Amanda Barker dive into a variety of topics suggested by their engaged audience. To kick things off, Marco and Amanda discuss their recent Instagram post that caught the attention of their listeners. They share some of the intriguing topic ideas received, including a deep dive into what makes cafes and coffee shops great. Be sure to check out their Patreon page at www.patreon.com/theinsomniaproject to support the show and access exclusive content.The conversation takes an unexpected turn as they delve into PBS and their fundraising efforts. Amanda shares her excitement about seeing Bernadette Peters on PBS, but soon realizes this particular event is specific to Florida. The hosts playfully reference iconic personalities like David Hasselhoff, Michael Landon, and Lorne Greene.Amanda playfully scolds Marco for attending concerts without her, highlighting the unforgettable Loretta Lynne concert. Marco, in his usual charming way, mixes up names, mistaking Garth Brooks for Vince Gill and Trish Yearwood for Amy Grant. They then segue into discussing their mutual admiration for the beloved Carol Burnett.The focus shifts back to Marco's passion for coffee houses and what he believes makes them exceptional. He explains the difference between a single pull and a double pull, demystifying the process of pulling coffee. The hosts also educate listeners about the coffee handle, correctly known as the "Portafilter."Next, Marco enlightens the audience about the significance of the "crema" in espresso and clarifies the distinctions between a cappuccino and a latte. Delving further into coffee culture, Marco shares his personal preferences, revealing when he enjoys a cappuccino, a latte, an espresso, and an espresso corretto.To wrap up the episode, Marco and Amanda discuss their favourite cafes and coffee places from around the world. They reminisce about the aromatic Turkish cafes, the charming Cafe du Paris in Monaco, the delightful Oakwood espresso in Toronto, and the cozy Angel Falls Coffee in Akron, Ohio.Join Marco and Amanda on this caffeine-infused adventure, and let their soothing voices guide you into a state of relaxation. Get ready to discover the allure of coffee houses and indulge in some delightful banter on "The Insomnia Project."Connect with us on:Twitter: @listenandsleepInstagram: @theinsomniaprojectWebsite: theinsomniaproject.comPatreon: www.patreon.com/theinsomniaprojectJoin our community, engage with us on social media, and visit our website for more sleep-inducing episodes and exclusive content. If you enjoy what we do, consider supporting us on Patreon. We appreciate your continued support as we explore the world of coffee, relaxation, and sleep on "The Insomnia Project."
20. Birthflowers and their meaning29:45Title: "Birth Flowers and Their Meaning"Episode Description:In this captivating episode of "The Insomnia Project," hosts Marco Timpano and Amanda Barker explore the enchanting world of birthflowers and their profound meanings. Discover the fascinating symbolism behind each birth flower, from the romantic roses of June to the vibrant marigolds of October. Join Marco and Amanda as they unravel the cultural significance of these flowers and delve into the diverse traits associated with individuals born in different months.Unveiling the mysteries and stories behind each bloom, our hosts explore the delicate violets of February, the resilient daffodils of March, and the charming lilies of May. Delve into the essence of each birth flower as Marco and Amanda take you on a journey through the fragrant gardens of nature's wonders.Whether you're a January-born go-getter, a July-born empath, or a December-born optimist, there's something for everyone in this captivating episode. Embrace the beauty of birth flowers and discover the possible connections between these floral emblems and our unique personalities.Don't forget to connect with us on Twitter (@listenandsleep) and Instagram (@theinsomniaproject) to share your thoughts and personal experiences. Visit our website at theinsomniaproject.com for more episodes and updates, and consider supporting us on Patreon at www.patreon.com/theinsomniaproject to help us bring you more engaging content.So, sit back, relax, and let the mesmerizing tales of birth flowers lull you into a peaceful state on this episode of "The Insomnia Project."
19. Exploring Inspiring Spaces: Terraces vs. Patios26:00Exploring Inspiring Spaces: Terraces vs. PatiosDescription:Join hosts Marco Timpano and Amanda Barker on this episode of "The Insomnia Project," the podcast designed by insomniacs for insomniacs to help you find your way to sleep. Marco and Amanda dive into the world of inspiring spaces, sharing their discoveries from their travels and discussing the allure of terraces and patios.As avid explorers. First Amanda takes us on a journey to Washington DC and tells us why she loves it so much. Marco and Amanda have stumbled upon some truly mesmerizing spots during their adventures. They reveal the most breathtaking terraces and patios they've encountered and unravel the reasons why these spaces captivated their senses. From cozy rooftop terraces overlooking city skylines to tranquil garden patios nestled amidst nature, they recount the ambiance, charm, and design elements that make these places so special.In addition to exploring these inspiring spaces, the hosts delve into an intriguing question: What sets a terrace apart from a patio? What about a Lanai?As they unravel the distinction between the three, Marco and Amanda shed light on the nuances and characteristics that define these outdoor areas. They explore the definitions of terraces and patios.Whether you're seeking inspiration for your own outdoor space or simply intrigued by the allure of these environments, this episode of "The Insomnia Project" is sure to captivate your imagination. So, sit back, relax, and let Marco and Amanda guide you through the world of inspiring terraces and patios, shedding light on their personal experiences and the unique qualities that make these spaces truly magical.Connect with us on:Twitter: @listenandsleepInstagram: @theinsomniaprojectWebsite: theinsomniaproject.comPatreon: www.patreon.com/theinsomniaproject